Great Hotend Mechanism

Agree, we should put nozzle size configuration out later.

3 Likes

In the meantime you can change the diameter manually in the settings:

Open snapmaker_extruder_0.def.json under
C:\Program Files\Snapmaker Luban\resources\app\resources\CuraEngine\Config (or where ever you installed it)

change the parameter “machine_nozzle_size”:

"machine_nozzle_size": {
        "default_value": 0.4
    },

Then restart Luban and it should take the settings.

2 Likes

Change “machine_nozzle_size” is not enough, this will affect “line_width” (wall, skin, infill, etc), the dependencies are complicated to change manually.

1 Like

Hello,
To change the nozzle do I need to change the whole hot end unit? I cannot get the nozzle free from the hot end. I also ripped the Silicone sleeve on thr hot end. Am I able to order more hot ends?

Thank you,

Marie

I believe both the SM1 & 2 come with an extra hot end assembly. I believe there are instructions on how to change the whole hot end assembly in their FAQ. You have to heat it up to change just the nozzle and you should tighten it up when hot else it may come loose.

Hi Marie, here is the link to a video to help you with the process.

Currently we don’t sell hot ends individually. But you can contact our support at support@snapmaker.com for your request.

Great info. Two q’s: I can see teflon in the tube end of the hot end. How far does it go? What is your experience of it wearing down filament and/or itself?
2nd Q: When is Snapmaker launching its own nozzles with different diameters?

@staff Can you please answer that? :point_up_2:

I’m not staff but I have used up to a 1.0 standard Mk8 Brass nozzle on my A350.

I see, do you know what is the spec of the nozzle that the A350 comes with?

It is a 0.4mm brass Mk8 style nozzle. M6 threads. I used these:

Thank you @DroneOn, but my question isn’t what are you using, but what comes with the machine. Cheers :slight_smile:

Oops I misunderstood. The nozzles that come assembled on the hotend are brass Mk8 nozzles of 0.4 size. My A350 came with one spare complete hotend.

1 Like

Have you experimented other nozzles, such as reinforced ones, for example to print more abrasive material? Cheers!

Not on the SM but I run Nozzle Xs on my Prusas. You have to be careful which nozzle you choose because it can’t be much longer than the stock nozzle or the Z probe may not trigger.

Thank you for the advice! Do we have any thread centralizing information about Nozzles? Brand, models and sizes that worked? Cheers!

You’re welcome. We do not have such a thread to my knowledge.

@staff What’s the possible for us to have something like that? May be in the FAQ section?

I would also love to know how to separate the nozzle from the hotend… somehow I have not been able to twist it off, and I’d hate to break a hotend…

can someone tell me?

Heat the hotend to 170 degrees, hold the block with a wrench and unscrew the nozzle.

1 Like