FYI: Snapmaker 2 All-Metal Hotend Simple Mod

Yes @pegak is perfectly suitable and works even better ( I’ve already tested it ) :wink:
But there’s one that is even better and easier to make the mod, with the plus that there are a lot of possible providers and prices: the one initially meant for the ANYCUBIC family is perfectly compatible. These ones are the does I’ve ordered and tested:

These are two high quality ( and price ) providers, but you can find out a lot more like this:

All have a Titanium core and a copper exterior. The benefits of this model are: it offers more length so more surface to absorbe cooling and also it incorporates an adaptor for the PTFE tube, so it makes the mod easier and more effective. I’ve tested it extensively (finished already 2 KG) printing PLA+ at 220 degrees and works as a charm.

To adapt the size of the original:

We have to make different PTFE adaptor to fit in the new heartbreak, taking into account the internal fitting:

The PTFE tube is a bit longer than the difference, it’s 7 mm:

Then we can match the length very nicely (here Iǘe also included the copper-plated nozzle from Triangle LAbs, which also provide enhanced hardness to print abrasive filaments):

There are two major points to avoid problems:

1. Improve the hotend cooling:
  1. Last, and not so evident, revise and tune your retraction distance and speed ! With this heatbreak , the hot zone is greatly reduced, which means that if you retract too much and too fast, you can get out of the hot zone and accumulate melted plastic there and finally clog the heartbreak as cools down slowly. I had a case with PLA where stated to use Luban retraction setting ( 5 mm) and get clogging after some time printing. When I reduced it to 2 mmm, it worked flawlessly! Anything higher than 2mm for that PLA filament, and clogging got back.

I hope this helps !!!

Regards
Franky

3 Likes