Flashing the controler?

Oh, rereading the datasheet, I was referring to configuring it to be on all the time since it learns and tunes itself. It does looks like they recommend combined performance for certain applications, and that would need to come from the local mcu in the module. Could simply be based on if feedrate >X use spreadcycle, otherwise use stealthchop for any given movement.

Given the insane gear reduction in this system I’d wager a lot of money that you can’t overtorque these motors at reasonable step rates to the point it needs stealthchop disabled.

As a sort of offtopic, any ideas if code can issue a m/g command? For the pause-resume problem, send a CAN command from a board which is then interpreted simmilar to a ‘resume’ click on the touchscreen? (I dont have the code currently to check). Could be an option to have a small box on the Z modules which has a couple lights and buttons

Sure can. I don’t recall off the top of my head how to do it but that seems like something that should be easy.

I did some debugging yesterday but CAN beeing pinged every 500ms by the toolhead doesnt help when stepping through code. I didnt see a simple way to only trigger a breakpoint if the ID i want is adressed.
Unplugging the module and booting without the niose fixes that problem :smiley:

image


canid == 1234

I yet did not dare to. Is yours still working? I was afraid that Snapmaker might have used an USB-C plug, but that the pinout is not really USB-C and I’d fry my device… The github pages Snapmaker published with the controller code suggest it is proper USB-C, but only suggest, not sure…

Did anyone try to get off the plastic cap at the back of the touchscreen? Perhaps there’s a JTAG or UART connector there?

I tried plugging the USB-C into my PC multiple times and the Screen still works, but it didn’t archive anything either. The screen doesn’t turn on and it does not even show up as a USB device.

If you are referring to the black part at the top: I removed it, but there’s nothing interesting under it. You have the antenna, but no accessible ports and the opening isn’t wide enough to remove the pcb or access it in any way.

The black part on top is for bluetooth between the laser’s camera and the display supposidly.

Hi @ all,

I am looking for a solution to reflash a SM 2.0 controller.

The problem is that during a FW update the power to the printer was interrupted. Now the printer does not start anymore. The message “Machine not responding” appears in the display. When I insert a USB stick into the controller, I get the same message. But I can’t get into the menu to select a file from the stick.

The printer is found in Luban under WiFi. Also the port of the printer is shown under serial. But I can’t connect to the printer.

My hope or question is now, is there a possibility to boot the printer via a serial connection or via a USB stick or to install a firmware.

I would be very pleased about an answer from you.

VG Rötty

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

@Roetty Contact Support at support@snapmaker.com. Resolutions for those sorts of problems are usually not posted publicly for fear of misuse.