[First Batch Shipped Out] FAQs of Dual Extrusion 3D Printing Module for Snapmaker 2.0

I’m glad they sent an email finally, but I’m also disappointed Skip. They should have been communicating this the whole time.

Did your email specifically say you would’ve receive it until late February? My email said, “Despite our best efforts, we are sorry to inform you that your package will be shipped out between Jan 6 and Jan 14, 2023.” and I also ordered on 9/27. Just wondering if there are discrepancies.

Also find it weird that they included a picture of the CNC modules with the email:

1 Like

I must not have made the “cut”… Below is the bulk of the message indicating specifically “late February”. I don’t mind delays but it would have been much better for them to initially “under-promise” and potentially “over-deliver” (or not). At least there wouldn’t have been the anticipation and subsequent disappointment. I’ve got thousands invested in two fully outfitted A350s (obviously without the dual-extruders). I was waiting to see how this experience went before ordering a second. Interesting picture. My email didn’t have that “perk”.

Dear Customers,

We are sending this email because you have pre-ordered Snapmaker Dual Extrusion 3D Printing Module. Your package should have been shipped out before Dec 31, 2022. However, China has lifted the zero-Covid restrictions since early December. Some of us at Snapmaker are getting infected with Covid and are out of the production line and office. Our current production capacity is reduced by 50%. There is a delay in material supply as well. We are still trying our best to expedite the production process. Despite our best efforts, we are sorry to inform you that your package will be shipped out around late February. We sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping. From Jan 21 to Jan 27, our office will also remain closed for the Chinese Lunar New Year Holidays.

While I can understand the disappointment, “experienced” Snapmaker customers who have done Kickstarter and/or other pre-orders know the game - I guess none of the “senior” members here seriously expected delivery in December… Not saying that I appreciate, but I fail to be disappointed anymore - it is kindof expected.
After all, it is pre-order, and as such always linked to a plan, and everyone knows that plans often fail.
Try to keep relaxed… And learn for the future: Do not preorder anything from Snapmaker if you plan to certainly have it at a given date, like e.g. as a Christmas present or so.
You still save a lot of money as compared to list price.

I think everyone is relaxed. My problem is not that it is late (still a problem, but not my main complaint) but that it was not communicated at all. Updating the shipping estimates on the sly is not communicating.

I honestly don’t care what the “senior” members have to say about what normally happens, because that’s no excuse. The complaint is to affect a change (which I can only guess that my forum post prompted the email).

One more thing: saying we saved money on list price even though it’s going to be late is kind of a dumb thing to say. It has nothing to do with anything

Hauke, it’s interesting that you specify “senior” and “experienced” like that. I’ve been a lurker for years and an owner for over a year and nothing here surprises me other than some “eliteists” that feel they have to pacify those that express disappointment. I was merely pointing out the discrepancy in my particular experience and wasn’t looking for advice on how to handle life’s daily challenges. You’ve done a huge volume of great things here (I’ve read all your posts over the years) and you’ve been much help to many. I always look forward to your next great post. This wasn’t one of them. Please let the staff at Snapmaker continue to supply the platitudes. Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate that (both the good and the bad)! Certainly do not want to come over as “eliteist” - I am convinced that any community needs to be inclusive rather than elite and thereby excluding people! Will try to improve my posts to avoid such words, even in quotes.
I guess I’m a bit tired of this forum being full of entries shouting out some disappointment about what did apparently go wrong. I always imagine myself being in the place of Snapmaker, and what this would do to me. I feel the undertone is often accusatory, but I fail to believe that they do these delays on purpose. They are just too overoptimistic with their plans, and sometimes they suffer from things out of their control, like now the radical change of Covid policy in China which I believe them absolutely that it disrupts their plans. It is such a recent development that I do not see how they could have communicated this very much earlier…

Thinking a bit, perhaps other people are tired of posts like of this/my kind also… I guess I’ll stop writing such things and concentrate on posts that have a value beyond just reacting to a moment of frustration…

4 Likes

Thank for you being you, Hauke! Lets refer to it as Benevolent Paternalism- it’s a good thing. Perhaps my lack of positive posting is something I need to change. I’ll work on that. Having two of these that run pretty much every day, I have had very few bad experiences with their operation. They’ve worked well since unboxing with very little tweaking. Thankfully so since I’m a shade “north of 60” and getting less tolerant and grumpier by the day. :clown_face: Have a Safe and Happy New Year and again, Thank you for all your great input! Don’t change anything. You need to show your human side once in a while along with your Super-Hero side. :handshake:

1 Like

Hi Skip, could you please provide the email you use to place the order? We’ll check it for your case.

Hi Riskey, My order (SMUS2022418141) was placed and confirmed on 2022-09-27 using skipb@tx.rr.xcom. Regardless of my expressed disappointment with this shipping debacle, I greatly appreciate you and the Snapmaker Team!

Hi Skip, we checked your order in our system and it showed that the order was placed on 2022-09-28. Since our system is based on Beijing Time, so I guess it’s like this: when you placed the order, it was still 09-27 in your time zone but actually 09-28 in the Beijing time zone. Therefore, the date of your order recorded in our system is 2022-09-28. Sorry for the inconvenience that caused and thanks for your understanding :heart:.

1 Like

Thanks for checking Riskey! I looked for the order date on my confirmation email and since it wasn’t listed, I calculated using the email date. Just a suggestion… going forward, your team may want to consider including the “Beijing” order date/time listed on order confirmations. This will help prevent misunderstandings like this. Thanks again and have a wonderful holiday! :dragon:

Thanks Skip. It’s a very helpful advice! :blush: I wish you have a happy new year too!

1 Like

Hi Hauke. I sincerely want to say Thank You for your kindness. It’s so nice of you to say those understanding and considerate words to comfort others (including our team). You have been very helpful and active and contributed so much to this forum all the time. Everyone appreciates your output. We will do things better and avoid letting our users down. You really encourage our work. :heart:

3 Likes

Ok, so it is now Jan.16 and I was informed by email that my order would ship between Jan. 6 and Jan. 14 (pre-ordered on Sept. 27). Has the plan changed again on when the dual extruder will be shipped?

I am the same. Looking at my order (SMUS2022417709) I ordered on Sept 27th 2022. I haven’t received a single email telling me it is delayed, I only found out by coming here and checking the forum posts that it should have shipped between Jan 6 and Jan 14th

As it is now Jan 16th when can we expect these to be delivered?

Me too. According to the information sent at the end of December, my shipment should be on
January 6 -14th. I guess there’s probably some delay :frowning:
It is a pity that there is no update of this information.

But to be honest, I asked myself: What would you do if you got a Dual Extrusion module tomorrow? Would you know how to use it?
And I thought: :thinking: maybe while I’m waiting for the shipment, I’ll gain knowledge and learn how to use it, how to prepare two-color 3d files, how to configure supports from other filaments in various slicer programs, etc.
Of course, I found some information on the internet, but I noticed … that there is no official manual for the Dual Extrusion module on the Snapmaker website yet !. There is no official tutorial, video with examples like the Snapmaker Academy :frowning:
:thinking: I hope that the Snapmaker Team is also working on such materials now - because that’s important too.

1 Like

There was an email. Including a voucher. Check your spam.

A new EMail? Nothing in my SPAM, and the “old” one informing me about the delay did not contain any voucher… Can you clarify which EMail you refer to?

All nesc. Information is included in the above screenshot :slight_smile:

Huh - same send date, nearly same text as my mail, but mine has no voucher and a somewhat different layout - feel a bit cheated :slight_smile: But perhaps it is because my delivery was still planned earlier than yours…