[First Batch Shipped Out] FAQs of Dual Extrusion 3D Printing Module for Snapmaker 2.0

Hi, it’s still possible to replace the nozzle only for the Dual Extrusion Module, but we actually don’t recommend you replace it yourself if you are not an experienced guy in the 3DP world. Please notice that the user errors of nozzle replacement is not under our warranty. If you still greatly want to replace the nozzle yourself, please read on carefully to learn about what should you take care of when you replace the nozzle yourself.

To show you the whole process more clearly, I have asked my colleague to replace it and filmed a video. But the video is too big, so I uploaded it on Google Drive.
The link: How to replace nozzle.mp4 - Google Drive

As the video shows, you need to get the hotend fixed to a base or with a wrench, then use another wrench to remove the nozzle. When you install the nozzle, make sure that you use the nozzle of the same shape and diameter as the original one. And after you finish assembling, you need to check if you assembled it correctly. There should be a small gap between the nozzle and the heated block, and you can’t twist the nozzle by hand. If you over-screw or use a wrong shape nozzle, the nozzle will touch the heated block, it’s not right. Actually, in our factory, we will use a specific force and torque to screw the nozzle into the heated block to make sure that it’s not over-screwed or less screwed. Last but not least, to further ensure that you have installed the nozzle correctly, you need to print a model after assembling and keep an eye on it at least in the first 30 minutes to see if there is a leakage occurring between the heated block and the nozzle.
P.S I don’t remove the background sound, so you may hear some Chinese. Plz don’t mind. I have written all the information in the comments.

4 Likes