Filament hold location?

Has anyone found that they can lower the filament holder on their A350T so it will fit inside the enclosure, even before you put the printer inside of it? I will be doing a lot of testing before I put the printer in the enclosure, so I was courious.

Thnaks.

1 Like

@brent113 Looks like it’s mounted at the fourth hole down on the Z module? How id you mount the power controller?

I’ve printed this holder/mount (original and mirror image) and so far, it works like a charm.
Mine is mounted to the outside of the left Z axis, higher and ‘upside down’ with the horizontal length at the top, the spool does encroach a little over the bed, but the spool does fit within the enclosure.

I have also printed a bearing guide for the filament.

I have mine just lowered a couple screw holes. Works great.
I did add bearings and a fender washer to help the spool spin and not slide off the end.
Some people were worried about losing build volume, but I’ve never printed anything close to that big and even if I did I’m not sure it actually loses that much by the time the head hangs down from rail. I should measure so I know for sure.
You do need some sort of filament guide because otherwise the filament tries to wrap around the z-tower when it homes. There are a bunch of designs on thingiverse (and this forum) if you search.
Power controller is on opposite z-rail.

-S

1 Like

If you want the spool mounted in an easy to reach location, I have made this adapter to allow multiple angles depending on how you use the enclosure. I am using bearings on the spool shaft so creating some drag on the spool has helped with printing TPU fast while keeping the spool from unraveling completely. SM 2.0 Enclosure Spool Internal Front Mount by kyle021887 - Thingiverse