External Power Switch and Vacuum Control

Just moved the power switch the outside of the enclosure. Pretty happy with this change it seemed like a no brainer to create a simple mountable control panel for these functions. Of course the design of this is a little silly I did not have to use carbon fiber nor did I have to mill the aluminum backplate. I did want to experiment with milling aluminum, carbon fiber, and increase my comfort create CAD for 3D printing though. One broken end mill later mission success ;).

What are you switching off? The whole power supply? Or are you just turning off a section?

-S

The whole power supply

I applaud your work. It looks nice but it seems a bit of overkill when you could have just put a switch inline on the power cable. Then it’s easily reversible by swapping out another power cable.

-S

1 Like

Thnx ;). Nice to see other peoples solutions. I was sort of hoping to see if other people had done this. Yes I honestly moved so quickly with this project that that hardly occurred to me as viable option. But yes you could do it that way. For me personally this still feels more streamlined. Especially because I am going to tap into a Dewalt shop vac I am getting using the same approach.

How did you tap into the lights/fan? Did you just tap into the cable and keep them ‘on’ in the control tablet?

I didn’t. I built my own enclosure for several reasons:
-It wasn’t available yet.
-The acrylic isn’t certified laser safe.
-I didn’t like the way lights and fan were tied to SM being powered on.
-Could do it cheaper.

So lights, fan, SM all independent.
-S

1 Like