Howdy, New Here

Hey all,

I’ve been lurking here for a while and have decided it is time I start posting. I’ve had the Snapmaker 2.0 A350 for a little over a year now and have the 10w laser, rotary module and have pre-ordered the dual extrusion module.

The A350 was my first printer (and laser and CNC machine), and I have learned tons since purchasing it. I did get tired of how slow and noisy it is when printing and bought a Bambu Labs Carbon X1 printer as my main printer and have been very pleased. The Snapmaker remains my laser and CNC though and does have a slightly larger bed for ridiculous prints.

Currently I am working on a chess set using the rotary mudule but have plans for a large laser engraved wall hanging of Middle Earth, as well as various custom coasters and whatnot.

For the Snapmaker itself I am building a custom enclosure with a roll out base (I may do a full write up at some point), and have plans for a pen plotter and resin printer tool head/add on, among other things. LMK if you want to hear more about anything in particular.

Anyway that’s all for now, but I hope to be an active member here.

Welcome, and glad to have you on board!
I am definitely curious to hear more about the roll-out base. Sounds very interesting.

It’s still a work in progress but this is the basic idea:

That platform rolls in and out on 500lb drawer slides. This allows me to change tool heads and calibrate very easily.

It has a bunch more features including a drawer with shadow foam, but I still need to finish it.

1 Like

Here is a more recent picture:

Always good to see someone new, especially with an interesting idea/project. The enclosure looks great. :slight_smile:

Thanks! It looks even better now, I have the side panels on and the machine in.

Looks very good, I do like the pullout drawer. What’s your plans for ventilation?

Currently planning to build a cabinet for my Snapmaker/enclosure to sit on in the study. Considering building into the plans an inline extractor fan to aid ventilation

I have a fan mounted in the back with exhaust being run out through a hose (think shop vac) to a window. The plan is to make an output similar to the intake on an AC unit. It isn’t powerful enough to pick up CNC shavings but it sucks smoke out very well.

The power module was originally loose in the enclosure, but I quickly learned that I needed some other design as sawdust and smoke residue was collecting on the fan and electronics. I actually ended up replacing the larger cooling fan with something quieter.

So I messed around on Tinkercad (my main 3D modeling program) and came up with this:

It works beautifully and keeps the ridiculously noisy power module inside. Here’s a look at the fan:

Thanks for adding the photos. I was thinking of something like this within my cabinet venting to a window