Export gcode from machine?

Full story:

Printing a Mando helmet. 74+ hours total print. Less than 30 minutes left, it stops extruding filament. Didn’t notice. Ended up having to modify gcode to start where it left off. Notepad++ glitches and overwrite original gcode with modified code, so I’ve lost the original. Everything got modified, I start the new print, find out I’m a few layers too high. However, I’ve lost the original code.

That code is on my A250 machine. I can see it! But it’s not on my computer. Is there a way to export the code from the machine itself? Or a way to view it on the machine so I can just copy it for what I need?

Hi, the files on the touchscreen could not be exported. You may try to generating a new G-code file with the same settings. It should help.

@Potter this should be dug into on how to make it an available feature. Sometimes models are no longer available, or we lose them and don’t remember where we got them. Exporting gcode from the machine would be really useful for situations like that as gcode can then be turned back into a model file with the right tools.