Enclosure Exhaust fan Location

I posted this in the “Product Feedback” section, but am looking for a wider audience to get more opinions on the subject:

I’m wondering about the location of the exhaust hose on the enclosure. I have an Artisan on order and I’m laying things out, planning where the exhaust hose will go.
I’m a little surprised that the hose is located at the bottom of the enclosure. Wouldn’t it make more sense for it to be near the top? I would think the toxic fumes would rise. Is it located low so that it won’t remove too much warm air, affecting the print quality?

I don’t necessarily have an issue with the location of the exhaust fan, it does an okay job of sucking the smoke and fumes out from a level where they are generated rather than allowing it to fill the enclosure. However the airflow it provids seems wholly inadequate for removing the smoke caused when cutting wood which can lead to shadowing of the item being cut (10W laser). I’m contemplating hacking the enclosure to take a larger fan or possibly even two larger fans to suck that dust out and prevent all the surfaces becoming dirty.

Warmer air will rise through colder air, all other things being equal. Forced air flow overcomes that convection and will exhaust. The only trick is to ensure that air is flowing where you want it flowing, with baffles, angled fans, etc.

Sounds like another good reason to suck the exhaust out of the top!