E3D Titan / V6 Mount

For me it’s not working yet. Trying in combination with Renkforce TPU.
The part fits in there fairly neatly but does not suffice to guide the flexible filament - 25mm / 1 inch from the nozzle it kinks. Time for further improvements!

I think we would all appreciate instructions on how to apply a Titan to the Snapmaker… I’d also love to see a mount for M3D’s QuadFusion extruder.

1 Like

I’d like to see a generic mounting bracket. I’m interesting in mounting a Mosquito Hot End with a Zesty Nimble Direct Drive Extruder (super light weight because the stepper motor is mounted elsewhere and cable drive transmits the torque to the extruder through gearing). It would be nice to get that stepper motor away from the hot end and just put a couple of noctua fans in place making the whole thing a lot quieter.

I’d be interested in an even better controller if that was readily swapable, but for now I’d be happy if I could get the pinout of the linear modules so that I could work on making a bidirectional diode board (stepper motor smoother board). I’m starting a separate thread for that.

Why lightweight ? it has cnc milling strength , you want lightweight when it comes to bowden systems and large areas or delta printers so you can print fast and accurate … this really is not the case for extra light … one of these modules weighs as much as 2 mk3s direct drive extruders and the build area is so tiny …

have you finished the build ?

Lighter weight print heads have less momentum and inertia. It’ll smooth out the print even further.

The Snapmaker has been on the back burner lately. I’m working on a ProMega and a CR-10S Pro getting them upgraded and working more smoothly.

The Creality printer came with a major defect that took me a while to troubleshoot. It ended up being the power supply. Creality sent a replacement that I never received. Then they sent a second Meanwell power supply. That one finally arrived. The whole process took ridiculously long. In the mean time I upgraded to an AC powered bed, gave a custom design to a silicone bed manufacturer. They made a bed to my exact specifications (as they didn’t have one for this model.). I’ve got it wired up, added a circuit breaker to the bed. Added 2 fans blowing on the controller and DC to AC relay, replaced the rear loud case fan with 2 quiet ones, replaced the power supply fan with a quiet one, added a BLTouch, timed the z axis together using thingiverse mounts, a couple bearings, a couple pulley gear sleeves that mount to the z screws, installed a microswiss all metal hot end, installed a new firmware which I need to update tomorrow morning because it’s not new as of a couple months ago and I need to be running the latest Marlin. Whew… That’s a lot of mods.

I think I have a nimble direct drive extruder around here waiting to be put in, but found out the Creality card can’t drive it. So need to upgrade to a Duet 2 WiFi card or need to buy a gearbox mod that makes the nimble possible.

Yeah these other printers have been taking up my time. The Snapmaker sits at my desk at work. Sometimes I print some small things for myself and other people but my filament at work needs to be dried before I try printing anything else with it. Had a few failed prints where the filament broke after the gear.

Yeah i am upgrading an ender3 pro to 32 bit skr board with 3.5inch touchscreen wifi and microswiss all metal + micro bmg and bl touch (antclabs) …im also adding a second z axis. i’ve had the printer in direct drive with the bmg for so long now and it made printing much better actually. removing the ender3 original carriage and replacing it with a modded adaption for microswiss mod cooling and part cooling + the bmg added like 7 gramss to the whole setup lol … so not that much considering that its direct drive … i just got some lerdge x and k motherboards with all the accesories including mosfets and filament runout sensors, autobed leveling and titan 3 to 1 extruders and i am going to place them on the cr 10s (with tmc2209 drivers capable of sensorless homing stealthchop 2 and other great features) also working on a ob1.4 printer just printed all parts and ordered the beams (whole printer ended up costing 120 euro with skr touchscreen bl touch 2208 drivers and marlin 2.0 config) printed the parts out of asa (form futura apollo x) and also have an ormerod with a 0.75 duet board and a solidoodle 3 that i want to modify and make them like new. so yeah i do this non stop too man … its actually my job, i work for an architecture company and do their 3d prints for customers that want models of the projects. But yeah, removing the metal frame on the snapmaker and adding a direct drive setup that is proper would be awesome and its all 24v so its doable, just need to think it through a little. is snapmaker open source ? Can i get schematics of what pin in the connector is what and what drivers the motherboard uses etc ? or put custom firmware ? use klipper with it ? any idea ? Cheers! … also didnt mean to be abnoxious about my statement i know the tradeoff of direct drive versus bowden or remote drive … just that this printer is very tiny and very sturdy … so i really don’t consider weight a problem. Also there is flexible shafts for dremmel (check out dremmel 225, or 255… something like that) and the dremel stays separate and you just have to mount the flexible shaft and add your tool to the mount and the snapmaker can engrave with it … i think it would be more efficient than the cnc module tbh cause i had NO PROBLEM engraving in aluminum, cutting aluminum or other lighter metals with the dremmel bits.

They are supposed to open source it. As far as I know they haven’t, yet.

There is some pinout info on the forum. Haven’t tested it myself. So using a new controller with the existing printer is where I left it. I was going to adapt the components to a new controller.

Let me know if you can’t find the threads. I can look them up again during the day.