Dual extruder feed issues

I need help i have failed a few times on the jeep project with the full body print. The PLA + silk stops printing and the gears eat away at the filament. There is some stringing around the extruder but not much. I will attach settings in pictures. Artisan

1 Like

There are a few topics about in the forum.
I suggest to print the wedge and see if it helps.

Silk Pla is not so easy to print with dual extruder because of heat creep issues mentioned someone, so maybe experiment with a few different high quality filaments.

Try printing and installing the wedge. I think and hope it will solve your issue.
https://forum.snapmaker.com/t/dual-extruder-left-feeding-gear-issue/29582?u=ftoons

…and also be aware of the heat creep problem some users have:

Thanks for the hint with the wedge. There a a small rubber part to keep the flap closed. I added some tapes below this rubber block to push a little bit more. Hope that Snapmaker provides a solution for that problem. From my point of view this is not propper designed.

I am having the same issue. I sent in a support ticket. Very frustrating, this seems like a design flaw. A printed workaround is an unsatisfactory solution for a machine in this price range. Wish me luck getting the wedges to print, I am having issues with both sides.
Thanks,
Chad

As written here: