Discussion of Snapmaker J1 Firmware Updates

May be they can build some custom version of the J1. I mean some others have a pro version, but the clue is if they has the option for customers to configurate the J1 may with duet or other stuff that will be great. No risk and extra cost of production before. This will build first if someone buy the printer with that configuration.

Just a think in my mind if I had read this here :slight_smile: :face_with_peeking_eye::slight_smile: :thinking:

I think the J1 is a awesome printer, sure itā€™s new and some stuff or functions are missed but I think @Riskey is reading all our posts and discus and they will add or upgrade some stuff. I like the printer itā€™s fast and still grows and it can only get better.

something else that would be nice to see is for thumbnail pictures to appear on the j1 screen when using slicers other than Luban. I use superslicer and i cant get thumbnail pictures to work.

This should work already today if I am not mistaken. The printer simply checks if the encoded picture is in the GCode file and presents it to the user. I do not know though if the ā€œSMFixā€ program for Prusaslicer works for SuperSlicer as well or if it converts the picturesā€¦ you might want to ask @McGybeer and @macdylan about that detail since SMFix is not official Snapmaker software.

Iā€™ve sent this thread to our product manager. All the suggestions given will be considered and evaluated. Thanks for your supportive feedback!

3 Likes

Firmware v.2.4.8

It is sometimes not possible to perform the Heated Bed Leveling Calibration again.

• It always hangs from front left point when leveling.
    He tip again and again but setting is not possible.

Switch OFF/ON and it works again

Wifi Connection dont work anymore, no Connection to Luban or Cura, No Connection to Internet but the Display on Printer say its Connected. And the Printer Check for new firmware if i put on the button and he say no Connection

standard stuff like turn off and on etc dont help. i tried it all

I would love to see an option to turn off the power loss recovery. Iā€™m guessing that is what causes the pauses and skips when I adjust the z-height, temp, or fan speed while printing.

option to restart calibration print would be cool. Not a huge issue but i just noticed that it doesnt have a reset button, only pause and adjust.

did they released new Firmware ? i see V1.15.21 now

Thanks John, i tried to install but it does not work when you have installed a newer version.
Letā€™s hope they correct it soon.
Best Joep

The right extruder if you print with support and may in other modes too retract after the last print the filament to much, so on the next start he needs much more time to extrude. On the firmware before I donā€™t have seen that

it would be nice to see an update that fix the issue where toolchanges fail when printing through pronterface.

I donā€™t have pointer face

The tool change issue happens while printing via USB in cura as well. Same gcode works just fine when its in the flash drive but not when its through my computer.

Also whats up with the addon port at the back of the machine?

Has someone already suggested heating the bed before heating the nozzles when first starting a print? Iā€™m watching these extruders dwell at 200+ degrees for minutes before flowing waiting for the heated bed to warm up.

Iā€™m sure this is negatively impacting the heat creep issue as well.

2 Likes

Recently got a clog because of this changed it now :slight_smile:

How did you change it?

Blockquote
Same gcode works just fine when its in the flash drive but not when its through my computer.

Iā€™m experiencing the same thing with OctoPrint - for me, it doesnā€™t work with two extruders, the positioning when the extruders are not in use is goofy, and causes collisions.

The same file run through the USB drive prints beautifully.

So weird.

I emailed snap maker and they said itā€™s a known issue and they donā€™t recommend printing through USB ā€œfor the time beingā€ never answered back on if it will be fixed. Cause this was not a problem when k first got the machine and now it is. I tried the old firmware again and that didnā€™t fix the issue.

Hoping they clear it up because I sorta rely on printing via USB for my workflow and WiFi isnā€™t an option where Iā€™m working right now

The heating order is not in the firmware. Itā€™s in the start gcode so you can change it yourselfā€¦ But yea itā€™s very strange heating the nozzles firstā€¦