Did you know: The A350 Rotary Module baseplate is worth at least 130 €!

With the current “back to school” sale the A250 rotary module is available for 319 € (50%), the A350 for 449 € (33%) - only difference: A larger baseplate plus a few screws, which amount effectively to 130 € difference :astonished:. I’m just decided to buy the A250 and create my own baseplate… Wanted to do my own baseplate anyhow, because the stock plate is wasting space IMHO - if the rotary module and/or the tailstock extend beyond the waste board, it allows for longer objects to be processed, and as long as the parts do not collide with the enclosure I see no issue.

Would appreciate if they’d give more discount on the A350 module…

Also, in the bundle the Stop button would be considerable cheaper with the A250 bundle… Strange pricing.

3 Likes

Funny, the A350 base plate is actually 40 + 20 shiping, was able to buy it when asked support.

2 Likes

Why doesn’t that surprise me…

It’s nothing special… If you got some aluminium you could mark up the holes with the laser and if you have a drill press it would be pretty simple to drill/tap the holes.

Pretty sure you could just drill the holes with the CNC if you wanted to/bought some spare bits. Tap kits are cheap.

Thanks for this information, I was wondering what it would cost to get the baseplate separately.

Of course my statement of 130€ plus was a bit irony… pointing out the strangeness/unfairness(?) of the sale pricing. Still, it is a sale…