Did i just blew up my laser on first start?

Hi,

I just installed the laser to play a bit with it to see what it can do. I followed the manual with installing it and when i checked everything i turned on the power supply and the screen was starting up. And than a loud POP and there was smoke coming out of the Laser Unit.

I don’t have to much experience with lasers, but i dont think the following is a good sign. Or is this normal on the first try? I don’t dare to turn it on right now. Any tips or should i try to contact snapmaker, because it just died?

1 Like

I would contact Snapmaker....support@snapmaker.com and don’t use that laser again. @hyeii

Doug

Thanks Doug, i have send an email to Snapmaker. Hope they can help!

1 Like

I cc’d your message to the wonderful Phoebe Lee @hyeii and I am sure she will help you.

Doug

1 Like

Thanks for the help, yeah sadly right now i am not in china, otherwise i would have been able to walk by. Their office was about 10 mins walk from mine. But i expect they have a lot of questions to answer right now… A lot of people are recieving their machines so its probably quite busy. Good to see that the community is so helpful as well!

2 Likes

Just like Doug said, please send an email to our support at support@snapmaker.com. Let me know if you need further assistance though :slight_smile:

Hi,

Think I had the same issue you experienced. First time using laser. Turned machine on, heard a few electrical cracks and saw smoke coming from unit. Turned it off straight away. Posted on forum already and was told I probably reversed the plug. Was wondering how you got on with support?