Cutting Plywood with Laser

Hi all,
IMG_6230
I am going nuts with the laser module … attached you see a 1,5mm plywood, which has been cut by my A350 successfully with following settings three weeks ago:

• 2 pass
  • 0,6 mm
  • 130 mm speed
  • 100% power
  • laser hight 23 mm
    Today I tried to cut the remains of the plywood with the same settings … but wasn’t able to cut the small pieces at all … even when set the speed to 90 mm … and yes I calibrated the laser …
    Any ideas?
1 Like

More passes with smaller step-downs.
Straight passes cut much easier than curves.
-S

1 Like

To me, it looks like your laser was set too high. These black lines are way to thick.

if you look at the picture you will see that I already cut something … it felt apart easily … and now the laser does not harm the wood on the other side

that’s because I reduced the speed while cutting …

You cut something with straight lines. As I said, curves don’t cut as well.

You are using vector?
-S

Also tried it with straight lines … same result :slight_smile:
I use dxf, also tried the drawing options from Luban … no improvement

Hi I have a SM1 with the 1600mW laser and I am having the same issues - Burn and No Cut.

The unit worked great for several weeks and was cutting some really neat designs, thanks to the definative guide to cutting and etching.

Now all the laser does is a very bad case of burning the timber and no cutting.

I have slowed the speed considerably, recalibrated and refocussed it to no end, and doing multiple passes up to 50 times, even reducing the advance down to as little as 0.1mm per pass.

I still get a burn and no cut.

I have pulled the laser apart to clean the cooling fins and inspect the lens on the diode for fouling but all with a negative result.

I am now suspecting a faulty laser unit but I have no way of measuring the actual light output to see if it is up to spec.

Any suggestions??

Do you have a original enclosure?- If so did you check the door status to be sure there is 100% coming out?