Cura Settings For Snapmaker Original

Hi,
Does anyone still have the machine settings info for Cura v4.11.0 for the Snapmaker Original?

The only link I’ve found to the Snapmaker Original machine settings is broken: (403 Forbidden error)
https://manual.snapmaker.com/3d_printing/faq/snapmaker-profile-for-cura-and-simplify3d.html

Thanks!

Hmmm, the original SM post with the details has removed all the v1 info. :-/

It’s pretty much the same process and GCode as the v2.

Some users have optimized the Start GCode a bit, and I’ve been using their results.

My v1 Start GCode is

;Start GCode begin

;M104=print temp, M140 = bed temp, 109 = print temp wait, 190 = bed temp wait
M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Start heating bed
M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;Start heating extruder

G28 ;Home
G90 ;absolute positioning
G1 X-10 Y-10 F3000
G1 Z0 F1800

M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Wait for bed to reach temp before proceeding
M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;Wait for extruder to reach temp before proceeding

;Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 E20 F200
G92 E0

;Start GCode end

And the End GCode

;End GCode begin

M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)
G90 ;absolute positioning

;Retract the filament
G92 E0
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure

G1 Z330 E-1 F3000 ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G1 X0 F3000 ;move X to min endstops, so the head is out of the way
G1 Y350 F3000 ;so the head is out of the way and Plate is moved forward

G28 X0 Y0
M84

;End GCode end

It’s pretty much the same, except it warms the print head and bed at the same time, instead of waiting for the bed to warm before warming the print head.

1 Like

Thanks Clewis!
Would you happen to know if the printhead settings as well? (x, y, z min and max? gantry height? Apply extruder offsets to GCode?

Also, I noticed there’s an Extruder 1 tab that has it’s own start and end G-Code…

original post from wayback machine What is the recommended 3D printing settings in Cura or Simplify3D for Snapmaker 2.0? – Snapmaker (archive.org) @AMorris did you make a full SM OG profile in the end? if so can you share here?

It’s probably a bit late to reply (not sure why I didn’t get a notification), but

2 Likes

This page could also help: https://support.snapmaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020076993-Recommended-3D-Printing-Settings-for-Cura