CNC Carving Finish problem

Hey Guys,
i tried some CNC Carving test with the help of the really good tutorial from @Skreelink, but my Result is not what i expected. for the Finish i used also a V-Bit and i tried parallel and HSC-contour. so at the picture u can see the Bottom (where the Tail is) the result is ok but in the other ist really bad and not fine enough. can someone help me or can explain what im doing Wrong?
Thanks a lot

It looks like either you had it running a little too fast (causing bit deflection) or your stepover was too high, causing gaps. Looks more like a bit too fast, as the parts that force it to slow down (like the tail with the many up/down moves, and the chest details) look decent. Personally I like using morphed spiral for finishing, or if I use parallel, set the angle to 45 so it isn’t directly with or against the grain of the wood. Finishing passes I usually do between 300-400mm/m (though with a larger finish bit, like a 1.5mm taper ball, might go faster). The V-bit I would definitely stick to 300 or less. Stepover of 0.05-0.1 as well.

2 Likes

ok Thanks
i used the Parallel 90° to wood fiber. and also used a 0.1 stepover and the slow speed for the V-bit, but it also looks in the simulation as if he would not edit everything. i can send a picture later if it helps.