Carveco Maker or Vetric VCarve?

I am trying out CarveCo using the Snapmaker ArtCam post-processor but when I start the job the bit moves up from the origin and starts routing in mid-air. I haven’t had this issue with Fusion 360 so I am not sure if it is something I have set wrong in CarveCo or an issue with the post-processor. Did you have a similar issue?

Any help would be appreciated.
Keith

Do you let it continue? It starts the spindle, them moves up to a safe zone to travel to the starting position. Otherwise it might have something to do with what you are setting your material thickness or start depth at when you create a toolpath. Is this a 2d or 3d toolpath?

Also is this the one you can download from github? I’m wondering if it’s the same one carveco sent me. Pretty sure it is though.

Thanks for responding. I will contact Carveco and see if they have anything available. I am using the one from GitHub. It is possible it is working fine and I am just not understanding something in CarveCo. I am fairly new to this and it is more than possible I am doing something incorrectly.

Thanks for the help.
Keith

They have great training videos on the website. They have everything you need to get started in there. Just tried the github one and it works fine anyway. Just check the videos and contact them as they are very helpful. Good luck