Can anyone recommend a review of wood filaments usinf the standard 0.4 nozzle

I ve been experimenting with just the one brand of wood pla which is not great although its probably my fault.

Is there a recommended brand for use with the snapamker?

I get random small sections of layer seperation or intermittent flow which I think is temporary clogging

As there are now so many potential suppliers it getting impossible to judge if its the product or the maker

So far I have been printing yellow and black filament from SUNLU which have turned out very well. I can’t comment on the wood yet as it only arrived today but if it’s like the other two, it will be ok. Hope that helps.

I’ve got eSUN wood filled, apparently its “foaming”

I had no problem with it and 0.4mm nozzle

I’ve been using Hatchbox and Isanmate wood filaments. Both work well.

I primarily use wood infused fillaments for my business. I’ve tested dozens of fillaments but what I prefer above them all is Amolen. A 0.4 prints very well at a temp of 210. The picture I included was done using Snapmaker 2.0 machines and 0.4 nozzles.

I will tell you this about using a 0.4, when it’s clogs it CLOGS. Ive found swaping the nozzel out is easier than trying to unclog it. Surprisingly I’ve only had a handful of clogging incidents out of a couple dozen rolls of Amolen and they all have occurred while printing with a 0.4. That said I now regularly print in 0.5 and 0.6 to avoid clogging.

Amolen is a very good fillament in my personal opinion. Its very consistent which makes clogging less frequent. The colors are true, and the post processing is more similar to wood than other fillaments I’ve tested.

2 Likes

thanks to all …

good comment