Bug report on the enclosure fan and LED with Snapmaker Firmware 1.12.0

Issue report:

• Pheromone:

The power of the enclosure LED and the fan will drop after you update the firmware. The lights are dimmer and the fan is slower.

• Cause:

Firmware developer switched the value range of the power from [0,100] to [0,255], while they forgot to change the default value to 255.

• Solution

This bug will be fixed in the next version of firmware, which is about to be released next week.

Edwin

4 Likes

What?!

This means the power supply can overheat. :astonished:

This should be fixed within 24 hours, not next week!

The enclosure (big orange thing, sliding doors), not power supply box

1 Like

Oops. I took enclosure to mean the enclosure of the power supply.
I work in an industry where ‘enclosure’ means a box containing electronics.
I am aware of the big expensive orange box thing and should have realised.
:blush:

1 Like

Given that the power range is adjustable, it would be nice for them to include a control to adjust the speed of the enclosure fan.

1 Like

You could do this by gcode M1010

I have noticed this issue too.
Looking forward to the update !

Hope the update is coming soon! I’ve postponed all laser cutting until the fan is working properly…

1 Like

I have urged our Product Manager to finish the tests and released the firmware before May.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edwin

Thank you! Drives me nuts with the LEDs so dim. M1010 S3 P255 set’s them to 100%

I can’t remember who posted it, but apparently the last update, they changed the range from 0-100 to 0-255, but then forgot to change the set values from 100 to 255. So on the newest firmware, your lights default to 100, being 2/5 of their max power.

Whoops. Lol. Thanks again.

We have fixed this issue. The new firmware will be released recently. We need to test the touchscreen firmware before release it.

Commands for the LED and fan.

M1010 S3 P255 ; LED’s On at 100%
M1010 S3 P192 ; LED’s On at 75%
M1010 S3 P0 ; LED’s OFF

M1010 S4 P255 ; Enclosure Fan 100%
M1010 S4 P192 ; Enclosure Fan 75%
M1010 S4 P0 ; Enclosure Fan OFF

Cheers
Edwin