Blender STL import not appearing and causing a potential bug?

Hi all,

I’m not sure if I’ve found a bug or this is an issue with Blender, but I’ve made a simple port plug for my shop vac in Blender and when I export it to an STL file to open in Luban it loads but doesn’t appear. I used the 3d Printer Toolbox to check everything out before exporting.

But this is where things get even more strange. If I already have objects in Luban and I turn them off after importing the Blender export and I try to make them visible again they don’t show at all. I have to close and reopen Luban to make them appear again. It’s worth noting that the additional STL files that were added in Luban were downloaded straight from Thingiverse and can be seen in the images below.

I’m currently using Blender 2.92 and Luban 3.13.1

Any guidance or recommendations you could give would be great. I’m just scratching my head over here. I think it has to do with the Blender file, maybe?

Additional images for reference

Why no one answered this question?

Don’t know.
Maybe no one on here uses Blender?

-S

That, and the original poster didn’t attach his file, making it hard to diagnose. My guess is that the original object was non-manifold or otherwise broken, and needed to be dragged through Meshlab or similar.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. need to find where to attach my file. I used python to create it in blender

Did you try scaling it up in luban? The standard unit in blender is meter while Luban uses mm. I think.

You can go to scene settings in blender and change the unit scale