Ask Me About Snapmaker Ray Here

As you may know that the Snapmaker Ray now is available at the official store! :tada:

For users who do not know about Ray, you can check it here.

Ask me about Ray here and the questions will be answered.

See Ray’s video here:

Specs for Ray:

1 Like

Hi do you have some date for the Rotary Modul from the Ray Video? I placed the order for the Ray Body + 20 Watt Laser and I added also Rotary Modul Artisan / A350T but now after seeing the other Rotary Modul in the video I will for sure cancel it and wait - the new model should work better for engraving larger objects :upside_down_face: Greetings from Germany :v:

@Mandy

I’m curious about the Rotary module as well - But I’d like to know if the 2.0 Harmonic Drive version will be compatible with the Ray, as I own this rotary module already.

I’d also like to know about the enclosure. Will the Ray be secure to the enclosure like the A350 is? Or will it be able to be lifted up/off easily? I will be using it with the enclosure mostly, but may get the odd project requiring a little more height/space.

Any ETA with 4.8.3 will be released of Luban? I’m keen to try out the asset library and have some designs ready to go. I’m hoping it will be an better option for designing for my wife and daughter too.

Hi, a new rotary module is under development. And it will be compatible with the Snapmaker 2.0/Artisan machines. Currently, I cannot tell and guarantee a release date. Like other new products, there will be more info and official pre-launch updates when it’s ready for the market. Thanks!

Additional question. I notice in the latest email there is this photo:

I’m assuming that is a Wifi Antenna? Can you confirm we’ll be able to start and control jobs via Luban?

Hey, we just took a quick unboxing video using an iphone. Take a look at what’s inside the Ray box and get a sneak peek of the packing! Hope you will enjoy watching it. Happy weekend!

Yes, that’s for Wi-Fi. And you can control Ray via Luban. :blush:

1 Like
  • Ray will be compatible with the Rotary Module and Air Purifier Module.
  • The enclosure can meet the highest height with 16cm actually, and it’s a bit different from the A350.
  • There is no exact date for Luban 4.8.3 yet, but I will let you know in the community if updated.
1 Like

Thanks so much for the information. Can’t wait to get creating!

And for anyone that hasn’t seen it yet:

1 Like

Just a friendly heads-up that the Snapmaker Ray for early bird deals is about to wrap up. Feel free to take your time in deciding, but remember that the original price will kick in soon. Check more here: Snapmaker Ray | 20W & 40W Laser Engraver and Cutter

1 Like

The compatibility between Lightburn and Snapmaker Ray has been updated with one more info. (see below pic)

See more FAQ detail here: Pre-sale FAQ for Ray 20W/40W Laser Engraver and Cutter – Snapmaker

1 Like

Will it be possible to run two instances of Luban so I can use A250 & Ray at the same time?

Is there a suggested settings for materials for use with 40w laser, settings in Luban are WAY out.

I hope there are plans for better instructions. I know one of the reveal videos mentioned it, such brilliant packaging and product but so poor instructions. I had trouble finding them and installing and connecting instructions were not together, air assist separate again and the picture showing connection for air assist didn’t show the can bus for A250, could be confusing. Such a shame when everything else is so good and instructions in the past have been too. It’s a lot of money then you have to track down three sets of instructions.

Got my 40W yesterday, quite impressed so far. ( except with instructions!)
Thank you.

@ChrisC Sorry that we missed on your questions.
Currently, it’s not able to connect and use multiple machines at the same time on Luban. You can switch the machines in the machine settings for this, which will require connecting and disconnecting the machines with Luban.

Suggested settings:
Recommended parameters for 3-axis laser engraving and cutting on Ray: Recommended parameters for 3-axis laser engraving and cutting on Ray | Snapmaker Wiki
In addition, we are preparing a more comprehensive guide for this topic. We will share it in the community once it’s ready.

Instructions:
We are sorry that currently the instructions are on the Wiki site instead of the traditional paper book. The Ray Wiki is here: Snapmaker Ray | Snapmaker Wiki
Specifically, the quick start guide for the first-time users is here: Quick Start Guide for Snapmaker Ray Models | Snapmaker Wiki

Comparing with the book, you will need to click the Back arrow icon to return to the previous page, which is an operation that most users might not be familiar with.

We’ve noticed the feedback on the Quick Start Guide with the Wiki format. And we will think about the possible user experience improvement solution on this feedback.

Thank you very much for the feedback! Looking forward to seeing the creations that you make with this new module/machine! BTW. You can check out this topic: Unleash Your Laser Magic! Show us Your Snapmaker 20W/40W Laser Creations and Tips!

1 Like

As ray does not have a screen (like 2.0 for example) I would like to connect to wifi!
I am working on a desktop connected trough LAN to a rooter with WIFI.

now how do I connect to RAY ignoring what MAC and IP address it has!!!
thanks for answer

best
Ed.

Did you check out these instructions?

I found that

But there is nothing for UBUNTU Linux !!!
What to do?

Best

Ed.

If you cannot find the suitalbe driver. You can try this one:
CH341SER_LINUX.ZIP (12.5 KB)

I got the snapmaker ray working with lightburn, is there way to turn on the Air Purifier from within Ligthburn. It does not start when i am sending a job.
Sending the gcode

M1011 F3 S1

did not work

Hi

Setting up the Enclosure right now. Just curious if it will be an issue if I put the fan on the left side instead of the right?

Better for my exhaust location

Corry