New Release - Snapmaker 20W & 40W Laser Module

UPDATE: 2023-07-24

We have heard your voices, and we are thrilled to share an update on the Launch Price for the upcoming high-power laser modules. All early users can enjoy $150 OFF/$300 OFF for the 20W/40W Laser Module. Check out the updated prices:

• 20W Launch Price: $449 (MSRP $599)

• 40W Launch Price: $699 (MSRP $999)

In response to popular inquiries, we would like to clarify that the prices of both the 20W and 40W laser modules include the following features: Air Assist, Air Assist Pump, and a built-in Quick Swap mechanism (Compatible with both Quick Swap mechanism and toolhead screws installation). Furthermore, unlike the previously released 10W module, the new modules do not include a built-in camera. Instead, they utilize a Focus Lever for laser platform height calibration, employing a simple and reliable workflow. We will be sharing more photos, videos, and FAQs in the community to help you gain a better understanding of these new laser modules.

This decision was made based on user feedback and careful consideration of available resources to provide you with the best possible offers. Two main considerations:

1. Ensuring the best possible price for our users for the 40W laser upgrade: High-quality 40W modules on the market typically cost around $1000, and many machines lack the structural strength to support a 40W laser module. However, Snapmaker machines are known for their robust structures, and both the 2.0 series (A150 excl.) and the Artisan can easily handle the 40W module. By lowering the 40W laser module Launch Price, we aim to provide tangible value to our users. The high-power 20W & 40W Laser Module will greatly empower the flexible, high-performance, modular fabrication tool system that we are building. We hope that more Snapmaker users can experience and utilize it to create wonderful creative works.

2. Enhancing the shopping experience: Our upgraded modules primarily target existing Snapmaker users. With this in mind, we have implemented limited-time launch discounts based on timeframes, foregoing the traditional marketing approach of stacking discount codes that require manual input on the userā€™s end. By directly reducing the Launch Price, we aim to improve the efficiency and quality of the communication and operational processes for both users and our team.

We would like to provide you with some additional details regarding the Launch Price adjustment. We understand the importance of clear communication to gain your trust and support, so please allow us to outline the key information for you:

• Previous pricing discount policy: Early users can enjoy a discount of $100 OFF, plus an additional 10% discount for existing users.

• Updated pricing discount policy: Early users (ordering before August 1) will enjoy the following discounts: $150 OFF for the 20W Laser Module, and $300 OFF for the 40W Laser Module.

• Specifically for the 40W Laser Module, we want to address a point of confusion. Under the previous pricing scheme, the total discount amounted to $190 OFF. However, with the updated pricing discount, the online promotional discount is now $300 OFF, giving you an additional $110 discount compared to the previous plan.

• We also want to address the confusion some of you may have experienced if you subscribed to our newsletter for the new laser module project updates. The originally mentioned ā€œ10% OFFā€ existing user discount code wonā€™t be provided. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. In the interest of simplifying the process and improving service efficiency, we have removed the need to enter a coupon code when ordering the new laser modules. Rest assured, the 10% discount for existing users has indeed been considered and directly applied to the updated pricing discount. We want to make things as seamless as possible for you all.

Some of you may be curious about the cooling systems for the 20W & 40W Laser Module, as well as the reason why the 40W module is larger in size compared to the 20W module. Both modules utilize a cooling system consisting of a pressurized fan and a metal heat sink. While we have not showcased this part of the design, the metal heat sink efficiently dissipates the heat generated by the laser diode, while the fan blows the heat away. As the laser power increases, the heat generated by the laser diode also increases, requiring a higher fan speed and larger heat dissipation area. This is why the 40W module is considerably larger in size compared to the 20W module.

Snapmaker 20W & 40W Laser Module will be available on July 25, 7 am PDT.

We hope this clears up any questions or concerns you may have had regarding the Launch Price adjustment. As always, we value your feedback and would love to hear your thoughts on these updates. Thank you for being a part of the Snapmaker community, and weā€™re excited to continue this journey with you.

Make Something Wonderful.

Best regards,

Team Snapmaker

ORIGINAL POST:

Snapmaker 20W & 40W Laser Module will be available on July 25, 7 am PDT! :star_struck:
From July 25, 7 am PDT to August 1, 7 am PDT, we got you a limited offer!
In addition, 2.0 users (order 2.0 before July 24 11:59 pm PDT) can enjoy an extra 10% discount! You can have the modules at $449/ā‚¬485 (20W), $809/ ā‚¬872 (40W). The code will be sent via email on July 25! :boom:

Learn more: https://bit.ly/46S9XWX"

3 Likes

So after Compatability lists: Artisan (3-1)ā€¦ What is Ray?

PS the 40w is half the cost of a new machineā€¦Just something to think about

I found a few new trademarks and the logo for Ray.

mark

I wonder if theyā€™re looking at bringing out a laser only system like the XTool D1 thatā€™s faster and belt driven. Similar to their corexy 3D only offering in the J1. Considering the XTool also has a 5W-40W range of lasers already.

It seems they plan to release an XTool-Style-Desktop-Laser.

That basically matches the price patterns of the pastā€¦ Did not expect anything less. Iā€™m out, the 10W is satisfying enough for my purposes.

I still silently hope that an IR (1064 nm) laser module will come (Fiber laser, or I recently have seen they exist as diode lasers as well) - that really would open up new opportunities, as in: new materials even a 1 kW blue laser would never cut. The more power of the new blue laser modules basically just add more thickness to cut through in one passā€¦ Not so much of an innovation IMHO.

Still, donā€™t get me wrong - it is nice to see new things coming out, even if they are not within scope for my needs!

1 Like

When I get my 40w Iā€™ll sell you my 20w, never used it didnā€™t have a way to expel the smoke

They added Ray to Lubanā€™s code yesterday. Compile it and see what it is. :slight_smile:

Snapmaker Ray was presented in the anniversary stream. Will be available with the two different lasersā€¦ Is X-Tool style.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation. Since I already have a D1 pro, Iā€™ll be skipping Ray.

I am a bit sad and disapointed, the 20W costs about the release cost of the 10W laser, if i knew this before i would have waitedā€¦
10W cost now:

true.

1k for a module that doesnā€™t even have the previous auto focus or camera captureā€¦lmao

I would really like to get the 40W one.
Pricetag is a heavy one though.

Why would someone choose the 20W except the Price?

Usually the tradeoff in diode lasers is the higher the power, the larger the focus spot since itā€™s combining several lasers together. Itā€™s not on the posted images, but I bet both of them have a larger spot than the 10W, and the 40W will be bigger than the 20W.

Indeed, snapmaker is not being open about few things with these modulesā€¦

5% of 40w not equal to 5% of 20wā€¦

Too bad theyā€™re also all the same wavelength. So still will be unable to cut clear materials or engrave on glass.

-S

2 Likes

A dedicated laser machine that we are about to release. It was announced during the anniversary live stream. :blush:
You can review our replay on Youtube.

1 Like

Wonder how similar to the xtool it is, Iā€™m about to start more guides on my xtool and wonder if theyā€™d work with the Ray.

10W preorder price was 399,- ā‚¬ (incl. VAT) - 20W in preorder is 539,- ā‚¬ - so not too unfair. If you accept that you pay Apple-style prices. And preorder means: You wait for quite a while - may glassball guess is youā€™re happy if you have the 20W by Xmasā€¦ Be happy to have the 10W now, and donā€™t cry about seemingly lost money. My recommendation at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Crying about money is not recommened as snapmaker user :sweat_smile: or fanuser.
Cant describe better in english :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We are not quite at the apple level of value yetā€¦ so itā€™s ok

2 Likes