Am I the only one going through proximity sensors like they're going out of style?

I’ve followed their own instructions every time I’ve changed it, including setting the height using the calibration card.

Whenever it fails, it’s always a surprise. The unit will power on. Home the unit. Run calibration, which always works just fine. But then when you go to start a print (I always start with a simple, 5-minute bed level check print - thingiverse 3682545) it will go to the ‘warm up’ position at the front left of the bed, and when the bed & nozzle both reach temp and the print starts, it will drag the sensor and the nozzle across the bed surface. Usually the sensor snaps off when it hits the edge, but not always.

The only time it ever did something different was the very first time it happened. (Printer not calibrating after v1.14 update) The printer would try to calibrate while still at Z Home - so a foot up in the air or whatever. I could jog it around any which way I wanted, but on its own, it wouldn’t lower itself to the bed. That was when I had the thing running for barely four months.