A350 enclosure, alternate filament position

I have 4 filaments in a large box (with desiccant and a reptile warmer), all rolls hanging on a broomstick in the box. The design and parts are somewhere on the web. Each filament roll has a 3dp fitting that connects to a push fitting and then a length of Capricorn tubing, and I pass the tubing through a hole I drilled (very badly) in the back wall of the enclosure, with a little clip to ensure the right length is inside the enclosure.
The tubing for each of the unused filaments is coiled up and held with a hook/loop strip.
I printed a new part for the feed plate (I think referenced somewhere here on the forum) that accepts a push fitting for the tubing. The plus about this is the box can be anywhere - up, down, left, right. Yes, you have to spend some money on tubing and push fittings, but you’ve bought a snapmaker and enclosure…
This seems to work well, it is printing fine and I can feed the tubing either to the snapmaker or the little Flashforge I still use from time to time.

I have had decent success with the spool mounted to the enclosure front right corner. I had to print an adapter to keep the spool from rubbing on the door though.

Before the adapter was added
After the adapter was added

Adapter file located here SM 2.0 Enclosure Spool Internal Front Mount by kyle021887 - Thingiverse

That’s exactly how I set up my spool within the enclosure. Works a treat :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you try using the adapter I designed, you can adjust the angle of the spool. I have bearings on the spool holder. Sometimes I want some drag on the spool and the adapter helps

Thanks, I’ll check that out :slight_smile:

Another solution if you want: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5012319

1 Like