A350 Automatic bed leveling - a bug?

Hi, I want to print a big part - 200 x 300 mm - so I try to prepare everything perfect. :slight_smile:

I made a bed leveling with 5x5 matrix- and : the result was worse !
In some parts of the bed it seems that the bed is to far away ( no gluing of the PLA ) in some parts it seems that the bed is to close ( rough surface of the PLA ) and some part are ok.

I “played” a little and found, that the print is ok, if I’m using the 3x3 leveling matrix. (same machine, same calibration card, same bed, same slicing parameters in Simplify3D software)

For checking I changed back to the 5x5 leveling matrix and had the same result as in the beginning.
Print is not ok.

For me it looks like the calculation of the level difference for the bed has a problem and calulates not correct.

I tried it with several objects - with all the same result.
5x5 level matrix makes problems - 3x3 not.
(For small objects the effect is not big - but big objects have problems. This is for me the indication, that the calculation works not 100% ok)

K.D.

I myself had the same problem with priting big parts. Only solution I found for myself is to get myself a selfmade glass bed which I was sure that it is more flat than the bed surface of SNPMAKER. The reason for that is after using it for a while I had to sand the old surface and everytime an object is scrapped off the surface it actually takes away little by little form the surface. When printing this does not make much impact on small objects but when I go big scaled stuff it makes a bigger impact.
I might also recommend checking the vibrations and the actual leveling of the table itself rather than the printer which I also learned effects the print more as parts gets bigger.

I hope this can give you some ideas …

Apparently it’s been a known issue for well over a year that Snapmaker has been “working on”. However, after putting minor damage on my build plate for the second time last night just trying to get this damn thing calibrated and fighting to get a single decent print for over a month after waiting 9 months to receive, I’m ready to put his thing in a trebuchet and yeet it back to China.