3D printing Nozzle Cooling System Optimization

Hi.

I have an a350. I noticed that an a350T was released. Looking here: https://support.snapmaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410789750551-What-are-the-differences-among-Snapmaker-2-0-A250T-A350T-F250-F350-and-A150-A250-A350-

I see that one of the key differences is the “3D Printing Nozzle Cooling System Optimization”.

What is that, exactly? Is that hardware, or firmware based? Is there an upgrade path for those of us who have the non-T models? How much of a difference does it make?

It also looks like they might have changed the lead screws as well… I’m not sure what “8” and “20” are referring to… thread ptich? Diameter?

Thank you.

-mg

They added a couple holes in the front for slightly more airflow. No firmware changes

They slightly tweaked the leads but that’s not important (has no effect on prints), they also changed to quieter drivers. 8 and 20 refers to the lead

The upgrade path would be buy a new print head. If you want new linear modules you can buy those too. There’s a coupon available for 50% off upgraded parts, if you didn’t get the email reach out to support.

I don’t have the upgraded parts, but people with the new print head seem to say the cooling is better. If you haven’t been having cooling problems you likely won’t notice a difference.

Note the dual filament head should be coming out soon, you might just wait for that.

Hi Brent. Thanks for the reply

Yes. The pitch of the screw, or something else?

I do not recall getting anything about that… but I’ll search through my old emails. If there is better cooling, I want it.

Thanks.

Click the link.

The email looks like this

Hi again,

Hmm… I dug up an email… but it doesn’t look like that. Mine was in my spam box, and had black text on a black background… it was unreadable.

The customer care link just took me to the Snapmaker home page. I did reach out to support to see if they could help. Thank you for posting that.

-mg