3 panel enclosure door doesn't slide freely?

I have the enclosure built, was careful in doing all the screws to make sure it was all square.
The 3 panel door slides ok to begin when i open, but kind of gets sticky and i have to jiggle it to get it to o back to where all 3 panels are folded. I checked the little black runner things are the right way around. I loosened them a little and it helped a little but still takes two hands and careful jiggling to get the door fully opened.

Anyone else had an issue like this? I was thinking some sort of oil or wax for the runner might help?

@scyto it’s a standard annoyance, put some ptfe grease in the track and it should help. I’m trying to find a way to make it smoother.

thanks, good to know its not me making it wrong or bent span - i was wondering if the plastic runners just need to be longer to keep the door even or maybe with proper nylon bearings in them ?

@scyto honestly they just need to be small bearings instead of plastic inserts.

Nylon plastic Embedded 626ZZ Window Door Wheel U Groove Guide Pulley 6278mm ball bearing for 3D Printer,Pack of 10 Nylon plastic Embedded 626ZZ Window Door Wheel U Groove Guide Pulley 6278mm ball bearing for 3D Printer, Pack of 10: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Thanks for tips on oil vs grease,

I noticed there are Teflon tapes too, My suspicion is due to the tolerances there is no way to use those in the runners.

I did laugh at the reminder not to get Teflon on a surface you want things to stick to, lol :slight_smile: good reminder for folks.

lol not that type of tape, actual sticky backed tape with teflon coating on top of a plastic coating - designed to attach to things you want stuff to move smoothly over :slight_smile: