Why can Luban not calculate the remaining time for a job?

Why is it that if I send a laser or cnc job to the machine the estimated time
will be calculated and shown on its little touchscreen,
but when I start a job via Luban it cannot do the exact same thing?

Luban is not aware of the machine specific acceleration and junction deviation limits, so it can’t get an exact answer.

That being said, it can guess at a time remaining, as many software packages do, so the answer is the developers chose not to implement it.

1 Like

Further to this, I see the error for time elapsed still exists. Also, I wish my CNC could go that fast… :rofl:

The 100% comes up after the mill has finished cutting the first object in the project. Any further objects are cut, but the display incorrectly shows complete.

BTW, the work speed should be showing 70mm/min and it does sometimes, but when the work surface is moving away, with no x-axis movement, it shows this epic speed!

Sorry, I just noticed this is a Luban thread. Admin, please feel free to delete or move to SM2

I have not seen a slicer software which is able to calculate the real time. It all based on estimations
Did my first laser attempt yesterday on the Artisan and let Luban do the job.

initially it estimated 37 Minutes, the device finished it in 41 Minutes.

Yes spucky, I have noticed that both Luban and the Snapmaker give estimates that are hardly ever correct and often wildly wrong. I find this interesting as I would expect the g-code, being a series of timed events, should be able to give a sum total that better reflects the reality. Not that it really bothers me, it takes whatever time it takes and I guess there are more critical bugs to squash. Perhaps not for discussion here but, I am thinking about getting an Artisan as a dedicated CNC. My A350T has developed some backlash on the Y axis and the more robust axis modules of the Artisan really appeal. Would love to know how you get on with it? Cheers

To be honest none of the slicers i have tested with my previous printer were able to calculate properly. in almost all cases the real print time was longer. Some did it better, some not.

I had my first longer print job with the Artisan yesterday and i gave Luban a try for it. Finally the print was around 10% longer than estimated.

I can live with this deviation.