Touchscreen: Z Offset finer control

Yes, there exist custom firmware solutions - I know that @brent113 has created one for laser, and I seem to understand that @Skreelink did one for full Lightburn control - see here: Full Lightburn Control Guide - I seem to remember that there were forum posts explaining how to make your own.

That said, I fail to agree with @Matrixx200x - yes, SM 2 is not a perfect machine (if you browse this forum you’ll find quite a bit of criticism also from me), and yes, Snapmaker is not the best at understanding user’s needs, but many people (incl. me) use the machine successfully and with great results, so I’d say it works properly. You can always improve a machine, in that sense it will never be finished. And it is absolutely legitimate IMHO to bring out a new machine - that’s innovation, and I appreciate it, although I will neither buy Artisan nor J1. Only thing I might agree: It is a lot of money, and you can argue that SM2 is too expensive for what it delivers. I’m at least happy to have gotten mine at Kickstarter price.