After some advice/tips on printing tall and thin objects. I have had a look through some of the other related posts and have tried to incorporate some of those changes into my prints, but still battling with it.
Prints over 75mm tend to topple over once they reach 75% or above. Note that I have small items 80mm tall, fall at 75%~ as well as items 200mm tall fall at 75%, so doesn’t seem like it is directly related to the height of the object.
For reference the thing I am trying to print now is Ahsoka Tano’s lightsabers from Star Wars for a friend who is into Cosplay. Link to the thingiverse page below.
The bits in question are the outer and inner chamber.
What I have tried…
- Rotated both parts 180degrees so they are printing on a more solid base, compared to thin walls,
- Turned on rafts and supports. At varying sizes and densities.
- Slowed travel and infill speed (by 50-75%)
- Re-leveled the bed and set extruder height prior to printing
- Putting blue tape on the bed with and without glue. Tape was also placed before and after the leveling. After to shrink the distance between the nozzle and the bed
Using the snapmaker PLA with the factory settings in Luban
Anyone have additional things I could try? I am trying to avoid printing them horizontally (which I tried) but got a really bad rippling affect (no photos) where you can very clearly see layer lines, and it appears that the layers have not adhered.