This device is really beta…

Being an engineer myself, I agree, at least partially. But I have yet to find the 3D printer that works 100% as I want it out of the box (probably a Raise3D E2) and has the price tag I deem in order for a pure hobby machine (which excludes the E2 again). And as a hobby machine, part of the fun is to improve it IMHO :slight_smile:
In general, I have mostly given up finding something that is sold 100% working from day one. Sadly there are more than enough cases where buyers are abused as beta testers, and in my experience this happens often regardless of the price tag. Snapmaker just made no positive difference here. At least I got the printer for a significant discount during the pre-order phase.

The J1 is no machine for professional use however, at least not yet (I give it the potential to maybe become one… in a year or two, after some iterations). Anyone aiming for that should go for another printer that is already market approved, at least in a western country with high work hour costs where such tools need to do their job without much fuss.

You can find all my changes simply by searching here in the forum:

Upon arrival:

Fan duct:

(scroll down a little to find the link to my version of the fan duct, but there are others as well)

Hotend:

Other potentially useful things:

The only things I did which you cannot find here is a print spool holder (mounted to the back of the printer) which raises the spools above the printer for easier exchange (wood work), and a lid-raising frame as the one i3sven posted in the linked thread, but with only the corner parts being printed. For the straight elements, I used a simple aluminium “L” profile.