Temperature while paused

Hi. As I have A250 in my room, I need to pause prints during night. But I noticed that while paused I cannot change temperature of nozzle and bed. Is there reason for that? Or can I do it somehow?
Thanks.

Try to run a Filament change?
Over night I would try power loss recovery :+1:

Yeah, but pulling cable out is not good solution long term.
Also while paused I can change only temperature of nozzle, bed, Z-offset and work speed

I am not sure, what are you asking for?
Give the power supply a power outlet with switch and go for it.
In the first post you said, you canā€™t adjust the nozzle temp and in your second post you wrote you can do it. - I am not sure now if it is, but you surely can do it when you run into filament changeā€¦

Sorry, lost in translation.
When paused, i can go to setting and have ability to change temperature of nozzle, bed, Z-offset and work speed. But when I do so it does nothing. I changed temp from 200 to 0, but nozzle was still heating itself.
Shutting whole SM2.0 is possibility, but it seems to me thatā€™s not really good practice. Why canā€™t I have ability to pause and resume without turning it down?

I thought about the fan noise.
I have tried, this is a firmware bug @parachvte.
If the printer is in pause mode, you could adjust the temperature of bed and nozzle, the new setpoint will be displayed but not heated to there.

Alternatively, as workaround, it is possible to give the controller the new temp.-setpoints via USB and terminal. This definitely works :slight_smile:

M104 S200; Hotend Temp.
M140 S50; Heated Bed Temp.

Unfortunatelly wlan doesnĀ“t work, but this is because of the hanging touchscreen, i guess.
Hope this helps!

I have found switching the power supply off during a print is the same as unplugging it but is probably a little saferā€¦ I donā€™t recommend cooling the bed in the middle of a print, it can cause bed adhesion and warping issues because of thermal stresses. If you find the machine is too loud maybe place it in an enclosure with sound insulation, Or inside a closet.

This is the expected behavior on current firmware versions, commands for adjusting temperatures and normal G-code commands are sent to be executed separately.

Commands that adjusting temperatures are only considered to be executed when in printing state (and not when paused). But you are right, we should be able to turn off the temperatures (and fans) when in paused state.

can we also have the ā€œstop printā€ command override the temp wait command? its annoying when you accidentally select the wrong print and have to wait for the bed to heat up before it will cancel the print.

Are there any news regarding this topic? Since August have been a couple of firmware and Luban updates.
I would like to cool down nozzle and bed while in pause mode as well ā€¦ BUTā€¦ if I print via wifi and pause - how am I supposed to change temperatures then? With the new version of Luban (or firmware) I can not simply disconnect - I have to ā€œconfirmā€ that the job will be canceled before I can switch to the menu on the touchscreenā€¦
Is it possible to send the commands like @xchrisd wrote via wifi? Otherwise there would only be the possibility to connect via USB (would be difficult for me - printer is in another room than my pc) or switching machine off in the middle of a print (still donā€™t think, this was not designed to use it as a pause)

• You can cool down the nozzle and the bed while in pause mode.

M104 S0 Stop heating nozzle
M109 S0 Stop heating bed

When you want to resume the work, use following codes.

M104 Snnn Heat up nozzle to the target temperature
M109 Snnn Heat up the bed

In addition, you can pause the machine and then shut down the machine. Once you reboot the machine, it will ask you to resume the work.

Cheers
Edwin

1 Like

Thank you so far, I will test this tonight

nope - it does NOT. I paused the print, switched the machine off and started it later on againā€¦ I get the normal start screen and ā€¦ nothingā€¦ tried to connect Luban again with the printer which is working - no option to continue - I just can start (ā€œplayā€ button appears, not the pause button).
so I can throw a 5 hours print away and have to start over newā€¦ I will try the commands you wrote

@Edwin
and the commands are NOT working as wellā€¦ I tried it and the temperature stays while in pause mode, there is no ā€œOKā€ as a response in the console.

So there is NO WAY to cool nozzle and bed down while connected via Wifi which was my question in the first placeā€¦

That said I have no possibilities to print bigger models since I donā€™t want to leave the printer unobserved for a longer time - last time I left it printing overnight I ended up with a destroyed print head and heat bed. So I have to look for a 17 metres USB cable or put the printer in the room where I sleep and have to be disturbed by this awesome noise all the timeā€¦

I am really disappointed, the Wifi-connectivity was one of my reasons to buyā€¦
What is the problem? It was reported more than 8 months ago as a bug and even it was ā€œexpected behaviourā€ @parachvte admitted it should be possible for the usersā€¦ but: nothing happened - at least this is what it looks to meā€¦

btw. I am using the latest firmware, Luban and updated the modules as well

What happens if you lower the temperatures, then unpause briefly and then pause again?
-S

2 Likes

I will test this right nowā€¦ though I donā€™t believe this should be the solutionā€¦ but could be a workaround

@sdj544 it works! Thanks a lot!

ā€¦ still this is ridiculous

1 Like