Suggestions for the Artisan Firmware

Hello
If there is already a group for suggestions, I have not found it.
One of the most missed features on the Snapmaker 2 and now unfortunately on the Snapmaker Artisan is the missing light button on the home screen.
The home screen gives me a good overview of the status of the job.
But if I just want to take a quick look at how my 24h print looks, I don’t want to wade through the settings to the enclosure and there to the light every time.
Please give the home screen a switch for the light.
Regards, Roger

1 Like

I add my voice to this useful idea.

Best way is to submit the ticket - Support Ticket Form

More tickets - faster implemented.

Actually no. While it seems like this should be the case (and the way a lot of companies function) it seems that the way SM works (at least they have in the past) is that support is good for actual problems and troubleshooting, but not for feature requests. If you want to ask for a feature request (as well as bug fixes) you should log it on Snapmaker · GitHub

-S

1 Like

@sdj544 check this out - Discussion of Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates - #690 by Riskey

That post refers to problems with a firmware update - if your machine ceases to function or had a bug caused by an update. The OP is requesting a feature in Luban.
Hopefully they are finally paying attention to requests in support tickets, and that post does give some hope that, within the last few months at least, they have been.

Probably best to go ahead and do both a support ticket and GitHub.

-S

How do you come up with Luban now?
It is neither a problem nor a mistake.
It is not a reason to solve a ticket.
As an embedded developer, I wouldn’t do something so moronic for a new feature.
It’s just a request for an improvement.
Nothing more, nothing less.

The post is a direct reply to question from Hauke - does it makes sense to post issues on GitHub?
And the answer is - submiting a ticket for any problem is more efficient.
Have you seen the number of issues on GitHub that is not touched and how old they are?
Besides, you don’t have to register on GitHub to submit support ticket.
There is no way for snapmaker to categorize and comb through issues on GitHub or here. It requires a particular set of skills from person submitting an issue to properly tag and describe it.
But if you submiting a ticket via that form, it does most of the work for you, it’s more user friendly and it is what allows for snapmaker to gather organized data and statistics.

I guess the best best way would be to flood all the platforms :slight_smile:

I’m only pointing to a way to be 100% heard by snapmaker.
You didn’t find the suggestion group - because many of those drowned not heard.
Surely, as an embedded developer, you understand how ticketing system works.