Suggestion for Luban: Copy and paste

If there is a lot of repeat work you need to do (like making a bunch of coasters). Then it would be nice if there was a simple copy and paste function. Some way you don’t have to waste a huge amount of time making the same text, with the same settings, at the same distance from each other however many times needed.

We noticed this requirement, and we are considering to add this feature in the coming version of Snapmaker Luban.

Thanks for letting me know.

Something else you might want to look into is the ability to not lock the x and y together when resizing. I was using the JS but I’ve experienced the same thing in Luban. Where I would be trying to add text, and I wanted to resize just the x or just the y. But when resizing 1, it resizes the other.
Something to look at is how paint on Windows deals with this problem.

1 Like

I know it’s hard because it’s an Electron app and so it doesn’t support Copy and Paste natively. But when you do, it would be great to support copy and paste among the FDP, Laser, and CNC design tools. I am doing a project where I want to engrave a lot of parts then cut them out with CNC, and though I’ve assembled them in the laser tool, I can’t copy, export, or otherwise move it to the CNC tool.

In the Transformation area of the inspector, the X and Y sizes are shown on the second line, with a lock icon between them; click that to unlock them and you can resize independently.

Not currently. You can’t unlock. It’s a known bug that’s on list of things to be fixed.
-S