Snapmaker at Rapid + TCT 2026 – Free Tickets Available

Both:

the Panda Breath with the holder from Makerworld at the bottom rear of the device

https://makerworld.com/en/models/2574058-panda-breath-for-snapmaker-u1

and the Bento Box attached at the top front to the IKEA Samla box.

For the Panda Breath, MPOX has a German video on YouTube:

A few tips for ASA: for your first attempts, always use the Textured PEI Plate or the Smooth PEI Plate with 3DLAC as an adhesive, along with either a large border (>= 5mm) around the outside of the model or large “mouse ears” (>= 10mm). Crucially: dry the filament completely for at least 4-8 hours at +60-70°C - and if possible, print the filament directly from the filament dryer. If the filament arrives at the extruder already somewhat pre-warmed, the risk of warping is significantly reduced.

I use almost exclusively IEMAI ASA, sometimes with CF/GF depending on needs, and have had no failed prints so far - but CF/GF only with a hardened nozzle :wink:…

3 Likes

For adhesion, I love Vision Miner’s Nano :sign_of_the_horns::sign_of_the_horns: I use it with ASA all the time!

If you’re interested, you should definitely check out their YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/@visionminer?si=WVaa51cIZEui7o1G

Here’s my affiliate link for them, if you feel like trying out Nano: Nano Polymer Adhesive– Vision Miner

1 Like

Thank you for the link, but I only speak English :neutral_face:I don’t understand what he’s saying, I would like to learn how to install them

1 Like

Yes, the video is in German, but you can watch it very well with subtitles by selecting ‘Subtitles → Auto-translate → English’ :wink: MPOX speaks very clear German, so the translation works really well. I now do this with many YouTube videos and tutorials, where you can also learn a lot and quickly in an ‘international’ context…

1 Like

Hi,

Do you happen to have a photo of how you attached the concrete box to the Samsala box? How did you handle the power supply? Do you have a photo of that as well? If I’m reading it correctly, you’re using the 120mm radial version. Do you have a link to the compatible fan? On MakerWorld, only the US shop page is linked.

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

I’m currently on vacation, so unfortunately I can’t post any pictures of it.

I attached the Bento Box to the front of the SAMLA box using heat-resistant 2K adhesive (the lower fan segment) and drilled a small hole for the -caution- 12V fan power supply. For this, I also mounted a 5-12V regulator with a potentiometer on the lid with a hole to control the fan speed. The power supply is an old 12V 2A unit from a WD HDD, which I control separately via TP-Link/Shelly - just like the printer, to perform a “hard” restart after a firmware update…

You can use the following fans from Amazon DE:

or

or if you want to use it externally with an old +5V USB power supply:

I would absolutely not recommend powering the fan via the printer’s internal power supply - this can cause nasty side effects. I’ve had very bad experiences with this on my X1C and also the K2plus: the fans can, among other things, cause high-frequency interference on the board voltage, which can make the printer controller act up from time to time…

Therefore, anything that requires separate voltage on the printer (fans, USB hub, LED lights, etc.) should also be powered separately/externally - this results in significantly less plastic waste :wink:…

1 Like

Great, thanks for the detailed and quick response. I’ll take a look at the fans then. Have a wonderful vacation and a nice Sunday.

2 Likes

Thanks for the awesome write-ups :sign_of_the_horns::sign_of_the_horns:

1 Like

@Simon_Zhi Hi there, someone in a FB group posted a photo of the over taken in Boston. Just to tell, the plastic should clear, like in the shops picture, not this dark.

That cannot be it. I don’t want to have this dark cover. I want to have a clear one. That one is very unattractive.

I suspect it’s one of several ‘test variants,’ since the enclosure can also be used to print ABS, among other materials. ABS releases styrene, which coats clear plastics with a matte ‘smoke’ film. If the enclosure is already matte, this styrene film is less noticeable.

The SAMLA boxes do the same: if I print with red, yellow, blue, or black ABS material for an extended period, I can wipe a similarly colored film off the inside of the box using an IPA cloth.

This film also settles on axles, spindles, and the internal enclosure parts, which is why I clean them with a damp IPA cloth after every 0.5–1 roll of ABS, or on Friday evenings, and then reapply fresh grease or oil :wink: …

1 Like

Hello, I would like to ask when will the top cover, the .2, .6, .8 hotends, and the plates ship? Thank you.

1 Like

Meanwhile, there have been several emails and posts in the wiki on this topic:

https://support.snapmaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/34288283785495-Snapmaker-U1-When-will-the-rewards-ship?utm_date=2026-04-15+16%3A00%3A00&utm_category=&utm_link=Kickstarter+Order#h_01KEVCVZZBWSW8C5D9WXVAS9K7

https://wiki.snapmaker.com/en/FAQ/u1?utm_date=2026-04-15+16%3A00%3A00&utm_category=&utm_link=Official+Online+Store+Order+#shipment-schedule

1 Like

Thank you! Forgot that was available…

1 Like