Snapmaker 2.0 A350T and Lightburn

Did you scroll down? It’s in the 4th post.

Can I run it directly thru computer to machine or no without doing the y and x and y and b replacement?

Also…….
Any idea on how to achieve a really good greyscale image engraving in Lightburn. I know it’s an option in Lightburn but the image always looks terrible in the preview for me when I select greyscale option? Any help is appreciated.:smiling_face:

No, you have to do that for the full PC control, otherwise you can follow the previous guide and run it via the USB stick and let the machine handle the focusing.

Also, don’t trust the preview, it almost ALWAYS looks too dark. I’ve had the preview look too dark, but the actual engrave be too light, so experimenting is good. I found 0.18 a good middle-ground for quality/speed for interval. It works well with dithering and grayscale.

1 Like

I’m having trouble cutting shapes out in Lightburn, any tips?

What issues are you having? What laser module?

Like I follow the videos on YouTube and try to do what they said and it doesn’t work. I have 1.6w laser.

You there?

I’m sorry, busy day, only now got to sit down at my PC. The 1.6W laser isn’t great for cutting, especially certain plywoods. The binders in the glue are really tough for the laser to get through, so get solid wood if you can. I have found, however, it seems a bit more accurate than the 10W for engraves, likely due to reduced overburn + single diode.

A good starting point for speeds/power can be found here;

I’m not asking if I am able to cut with my laser because I already know it can cut thru 2.5mm thick. I’m asking how to cut in Lightburn specifically.

Just use line mode with the speed, power, and passes that you would set in Luban.

Would do you think for cutting speed for the 1.6w laser to cut circle out?

For 2.5mm wood? 100-140 mm/m, 100% power, somewhere between 3-5 passes. I haven’t messed with cutting with the 1.6W in a long time since I have the 10W module.

I understand. I’m planning on getting the 10w but I wanted to get good with 1.6w first. Thanks.

It’s a whole different beast, you’ll get spoiled to the power quickly. :slight_smile:

This was a nice engraving but it’s like it didn’t even really try to cut it out. More of just outline… didn’t really even cut a 1mm into the material, what am I missing?

The wood looks like oak, that’s a rather hard wood and very dense. It does look like it tried to cut through, has definite scorching/deep engrave.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 201856

So do I just say screw it I can’t cut this or do you think certain settings would allow a cut?

If it were pine or bass, I’d say you have a chance, but oak and other full grain hardwoods is likely a no-go. You’ll end up setting it on fire before cutting through it.