SM2 A250 Calibration - Nozzle stays ~2 mm above print sheet

I just set up my Snapmaker 2 A250 two days ago, and have printed a few things with it.

I’ve noticed that when I run the calibration, the nozzle moves to about 2 mm off the print sheet, before moving on to the next point. It does this for all the points, until the last one where I manually adjust the nozzle to the ideal distance using the provided calibration card.

my prints have turned out fine so far (calibration cube, cali cat, and a temperature tower), but that might be because I’ve been printing in the middle of the sheet every time so far.

I’ve check all the wiring connections already, and haven’t found anything else that might be causing this.

Shouldn’t the nozzle touch the print sheet for each spot in the calibration process?

1 Like

No, the sensor detects the metal layer for all of the grid points and then you set the Z offset at the very end of the auto calibrate process, that completes the leveling. When it gets to the end, it stops with the nozzle over the last grid point. Then you move the nozzle down manually until it touches the test card. It should have just a slight amount of resistance. Then you can push the save button.

4 Likes

well explained @tone …ditto

@Tone Thanks for the explanation, I understand better now!

1 Like

Can I quote your explaination in other forum threads? :grinning:

2 Likes

Sure. This is an open forum, you can quote anything here.

2 Likes

That’s correct, including that the image of @Billz Sharif scares the kids

Have fun

2 Likes