Setting the Time to Local

On the machine, how do I set Snapmaker time to my local time? The default seems to be UTC and I can’t find a way to change it.

You can’t at this point.

-S

1 Like

Not good. Because of the way SM names files, the timestamp is usually all I have to go on. How hard can it be to get a simple thing like this fixed!

1 Like

Just set your clocks and computer time to UTC. :wink:

-S

How can this be marked as solved? No everybody lives in UTC…

2 Likes

Because the question was answered and I provided a workaround.

-S

An answer with a workaround is not a solution. Any computer system that shows a time/date should allow setting the time or date to local time/date. Every other answer is just an excuse for being lazy.

2 Likes

Workarounds aren’t lazy. They require more effort.

And sorry, forgot another workaround: move to UTC.

-S

4 Likes

Another workaround: limit file transfers to one per day so the time doesn’t matter lol

2 Likes

I sure hope that you don’t work for or speak on behalf of Snapmaker, that would severely damage their reputation.

1 Like

If I worked for SM no one would be asking this question.

If SM cared about their reputation (or had a reputation they cared about defending) they would have already fixed this and/or responded to threads like this. Not the first time this has been brought up.

-S

1 Like

There’s an easy way to tell if someone is posting on here from snapmaker: it’s a firmware or Luban update. That’s it. Nobody else on here is staff now.

So with that in mind if you’d like snapmaker to hear your ideas then you should be emailing support or posting on GitHub as that is how they have asked for feedback.

2 Likes

I just did that (post a feature request on git that is)…

3 Likes

Got enough workarounds already just staying alive.

FWIW, I sent them a message regarding this matter – the only solution for which is for them to implement this basic feature. “You can’t…” is not a solution.
If anyone cares about this, please send them a message also.
Setting one’s computer to the time in another time zone is an absurd idea in this day and age… unless you love workarounds and like to recalculate the time every time you look at a friggin’ clock.