Schedule and/or delayed start for a print job

I am unable to print at night as the noise from (any) 3d printer is too loud in my home and disturb the sleep of some family members.

Required “quiet” period is between 10pm and 7am. That’s just a fact I have to work around.

For longer print jobs it means I have to remember to start a job in the morning, when Im busy getting ready for work and getting the kids out of the house → i forget. the model I currently want to print has been forgotten 3 consecutive mornings. annoying.

I want to be able to schedule a print job on my U1 to start at 0700 next morning.

Good idea, you wanna vote for your own idea as well!

Is this a U1 thing? I’ll mark it as a U1 thing if it is a U1 thing.

Not a solution but a work-around: I think one of the Innovation Fund projects is something to expose printer controls to Home Assistant. If so, that could easily issue a “print” command at a given time.

I presumed is was? Hopefully the OP will update us

Yes, a U1 printer - edited the original post and self-voted :smiley:

Regarding HA: nice idea, but I don’t have HA or anywhere it could run uninterrupted.

1 Like