Revo Support on J1

Will there be support or some way to install the E3D Revo Nozzle system on the J1? Would be a very cool feature to have.

J1 only supports MK7/MK8 nozzles.

Jade,
My name Oscar, could you please help,? I habe not received my tracking number or delivery yet.
Please, advise.
Thank you

does the printer recognize different hotends for nozzle sizes? if so, am i able to overwrite that if i change the nozzle size on my printer?

Hi A61corde, you can check the following links for more delivery info.

If you still need more help, please get in touch with us at support@snapmaker.com :smiley:

That would be dependent on E3D. They hold the patent on the Revo nozzle system and protect it vigorously. E3D would need to engineer a REVO specific hot end for the J1 which I just can’t see them doing right now do to the relatively small user base (as compared to the Creality or Prusa audience).

Instead consider something like the Bondtech CHT nozzles, which are available in MK8 sizes. Hardened versions of the Bondtech CHT nozzles are also available (however, these are on a one month backorder).

Revo on j1 is printing successfully. auto bed leveling and xy nozzle offset calibration both work exactly as needed

Congratulations!! How did you handle the PT100 preamplifier in the hotend?

I am assuming they used the new “High Temp” Revo Hotend.

It is basically the same as the existing J1 heater block and is compatible with the existing J1 heater cartridge and thermistor. The only difference are the external features that support the Revo system. The individual heater block is available here

The only missing piece for the conversion is a Revo compatible heatsink. Everything else is available off the shelf from E3D.

Thanks! I was not aware there is Revo with a PT100. That makes life indeed easier if you want to change that.