Quick swap blocking access to adjust proximity sensor

Just changed out my hotend on my 3dp module and the new quick swap back plate blocks access to the screw to adjust the proximity sensor.

Am I really meant to mount it the old way just to adjust this then put the quick swap plate back on??

Huh, interesting point… I guess nobody thought about that, since adjusting the sensor is something you rarely do. So yes, I guess you have to remove the toolhead plate for accessing the sensor’s screw.

Two things: The sensor should be one credit-card-thickness higher than the nozzle - but there’s no need for utter precision IMHO, since the fine tuning is done when you lower the nozzle onto the calibration card after the bed level procedure - that’s where precision counts. Second: I guess you could do the procedure without even mounting the toolhead - just eyeballing it on a flat surface (e.g., your table). But I never did that, so I may be wrong.

1 Like

yeah, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Sensor height is set and forget. Until you introduce drastic changes, you can but at that point it’s already apart.