Proper Backup - How? Backup function - Where does it go?

Hi all,

A couple of questions:

1. I had some custom tool settings for CNC and Laser on a linux machine that died. Now I want to recover those settings from the disk. Where are they stored? The directory “~/.config/snapmaker-luban” contains a lot of stuff. Not sure where to look.
  2. What does the “Settings”->“Backup config” function in Luban actually do? What does it back up and where? I press it and nothing happens. No zip generated, no directory chooser opens. Nothing.
  3. How would I import those backed up settings again after backing them up? I see no function in Luban for that…

Thanks for the help,
HorstBaerbel

I’m doing this on a Mac using the Original, so you’ll need to translate some stuff. I’m in ~/Library/Application Support/snapmaker-luban/Config. Which I think would translate to ~/.config/snapmaker-luban/Config on linux.

Inside that directory, I see

clewis ~/Library/Application Support/snapmaker-luban/Config [] $ ls -la printing/original_single/quality.*
-rw-r--r--  1 clewis  1000  3372 Jan 10 10:45 printing/original_single/quality.10928082.def.json
-rw-r--r--  1 clewis  1000  3389 Jan 10 10:45 printing/original_single/quality.16567093.def.json
-rw-r--r--  1 clewis  1000  3711 May 19 10:43 printing/original_single/quality.54975053.def.json
-rw-r--r--  1 clewis  1000  4376 May 24 08:52 printing/original_single/quality.fast_print.def.json
-rw-r--r--  1 clewis  1000  4288 May 24 08:52 printing/original_single/quality.high_quality.def.json
-rw-r--r--  1 clewis  1000  4292 May 24 08:52 printing/original_single/quality.normal_quality.def.json

The 3 numbered quality files correspond to the 3 custom print profiles I created.

I copied an existing Laser and CNC profile, and the files shows up as laser/original_1600mw/tool.14511069.def.json and cnc/original_standard/tool.17652055.def.json respectively.

I don’t see those filename inlined into any other .json files. I copied cnc/original_standard/tool.17652055.def.json to cnc/original_standard/tool.17652056.def.json, editted the file to change the name field, and restarted Luban. The new tool shows up in the tool drop down. So I’d just copy your custom .json files to your new home dir.

I haven’t used the Backup Config feature.

Thanks for your answer, clewis.
I found the files and copied them over and the tool path settings show up in Luban. Great! An automatic process for this would be cool though. Prusa / Slic3r has “export/import config bundle”, which works great.
I’d still love to know what the “backup config” thing does. Seems to me like it doesn’t do anything at all…

Anyone figured out what Backup Config does? Since updating to Luban 4.3.2 I can’t update any of my previous settings or materials. I change the values, click selected/save, but they never actually get saved.