Problem with StoneFil Terracotta PLA

Hi

I usually don’t have any problems 3D printing with Snapmaker 2.0. Recently I bought a “StoneFil Terraotta PLA” (Link:https://www.3djake.ch/de-CH/formfutura/stonefiltm-terracotta). And with this material I just can’t print with the Snapmaker. I’m trying to print at 230 ° C and a heatbed temperature of 30 ° C. But the material sticks right next to the nozzle. I’ve never had this problem with other PLAs.
Does anyone have any experience and could tell me how to handle it? Or does anyone know of a similar PLA that worked for them?

Consider a larger nozzle maybe. It does say .4 is usable but sometimes these fillers can be hard to print like wood for example. a .6 nozzle might make the difference.

You could try upping the extrusion on the first layer. If you set the layer width of the first layer to 1mm (If you’re using Luban, set it to 250%) and then layer height 0.30mm.

That’s a lot more forgiving to get good adhesion on the first layer. I can imagine that the terracotta parts make it a bit more challenging. Do a skirt around the object of 2 or 3 lines so you can play with the Z-offset a bit to get it adhering well.

You didn’t mention what layer you’re using to print in this case, but I wouldn’t go too low on this one. Choose the “fast” template in Luban (assuming you’re using Luban),

Run a temp tower. 230 is at the upper recommended temp.

Could also be a filament that would benefit from a plated nozzle like a micro-swiss that’s supposed to be smoother or less resistance.

-S

Thanks a lot! I think, i will first try out the advises without replacing the noozle. I will post here the result of my tries :-).