Print just stopped + more

Ok, so this night i figured i would try to do my biggest and longest(time wise) print this far by doing the “Snapmaker Accessories Storage Box (v1.1_updated)”. Fired the print up an hour or so before i went to bed and the last time i checked in on it before hitting the bunk it had just began with the 3-4 outer wall layer and all seemed to go smooth.

But today when i got up for work i couldn’t here any printing noises, so i checked up on the printer and it had stopped mid-layer. The nozzle still on the surface of the print, extruder and bed were @ room temp and the progress were at 0h 0min. My first thought was that i have had a power outage or something, so i went down stairs to check out my oven and microwave who’s clock reset to 00:00 with only a ms of power outage. BUT they were still on the right time, and i haven’t gotten an SMS from my power company of any registered problems on my grid either.

So i went back up to check out the printer some more, went in to “Jog-Mode” to get the print head out of the way, and then i saw that all the axes only wanted to go in the “+” direction from where the print have stopped?
If i tried to move them farther in the “-” they would just stop, like they have reached the end of travel, but in "+"
they would “overextend” and bottom out, still trying to move farther.

I pried of the failed print, and tried to toggle the printer on/off and then tried to move the axes again, now they responded and i made it “return to home”…

So well, what the f**k can have happened here? Anyone else here had a similar problem? =/ I really don’t want to try another 19+ hour print and have it fail at 40-ish%

I have some pictures i took to, but since i’m @ work now i can’t upload them to easy.

Hey!

I’ve never quite had an issue like this before. Was the print being done via a computer or via the USB port?

It could simply be a mis-calibration issue. Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Thanks,
Greg

I used the memory stick that came with the printer :confused:

What sort of calibration issue could that be, 50mm in the height of the print :thinking: yeah it’s the newest one :open_mouth:

Just started another 17+ hour print (other model), so i’ll see when i get up tomorrow lol.

Did you ever find out what happened here? I just ran into the same issue on my print. Happened twice on different points of the print

Sorry for the problem you ran into.
Please fill in the warranty request, and attach a video or several pictures of problem and describe the problem in details.
We will transfer several questions to you from our engineer later and instruct you to locate the problem.
The more detailed your description is, the fewer questions we will have.

To little to late for me, the printer have been standing unplugged since the end of July just collecting dust.

I did print that same print on the SM on a later occation though and it went fine, so i guess it’s a firmware bug. Since i tried with the same slice.

F@&$k i have this problem all the time
I like 8/10 it will stop at the faking middle of my projects
Driving me crazy
Plz someone tell me what to do or i will shove this shit up to builder’s butt :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@L3ozorgmehr Sorry for the problem you ran into.
Please fill in the warranty request, and attach a video or several pictures of problem and describe the problem in details.
We will transfer several questions to you from our engineer later and instruct you to locate the problem.
The more detailed your description is, the fewer questions we will have.

Thank you

Same thing, print stopped, rebuilt model rebuild code with different settings stopped again it did print just stopped first time about 1/2 way next time 1/3

my SM1 is also facing the same problem… print stops at a particular location and nothing can be done to restart of move the print head… only a restart makes the jog movments and remove the half printed component and try restart the print… what is the problem actually… i have tried switching the axis, formatting the usb drive. changing the slicer, checked for any power fluctuations… checked for any firmware upgrade issue… levelling… … could any body tell me what the actual problem and solution if any… TIA

Hi, please contact our support at support@snapmaker.com. Our team will address you issue shortly.

I am having the same trouble. For some odd reason the printer stops mid print and wil not continue.
My printer is connected with a laptop which runs linux mint and SnapmakerJS to contole the printer.
The console window in SMJS shows the following message:
-V97 data retrieved.
And below that a blinking cursor.
Untill a week ago it was printing perfect.
Hope you Guys have some sollutions for this issue

Hi Radt, how about using the USB disk to have a another check? If the machine is connected to the pc, after the pc is under the sleep state, the machine may stop.

Right sleepmode thats what I thought But Laptop is set to never fall asleep and the printer stops at different time intervals sometimes after half an hour or 1 hour even 2 hours and 12 minutes without having touched the laptop.
As for trying the USB stick. It doesnot see the STL files which are on it. And it doesnot make adiffernce if the files are stored on the stick via linux or windows. Its the original stick which came with the printer and is only used for 3d printing projects either directly from the stick or from Laptop or PC.
The stick seems to be working OK when transfering files from windows PC to linux laptop.
3 weeks ago it printed ok from stick.
I can try another stick but have to buy 1 first.
-Would it help to reinstall the firmware on the printer contoller?
I have cleaned the printer head and from reading other posts I have checked the heating element which is 16.6 ohms. that 1 ohm higher than the max value, if I read it right.
-Could this be the probleme??
I have checked the LED on the controler but it always blinks blue as it should.
Running out of Ideas.
Hope you can make sense of this and Thanx for helping

HI Tracey…
Thx for the updates… my printer is connected through pen drive.

It is strange that the printing module stops frequently. You can try to re-upgrade the firmware, 2.11 to check whether you can make some progress.
The USB disk is not used to save the stl files, it should end up with.gcode. You may format the USB disk to FAT32 format and then try again.
Are you using the original power supply which should be 24V5A?
After the printing head stops, is the light red or blue on the back of the controller?
Also, can you share a picture of the touchscreen after it shops? I think there may be some key info there, such as the nozzle and bed temp, the file name disappearing or not.

Hi
Is your SM1 running the 2.11 firmware?
If it stops at a particular location, is it the same location every time? Can you share your gcode so I can have a try?
After it stops, can you show me the touchscreen? I want to know the info on touchscreen after it stops…
Does the nozzle or heated bed show NA?

Your printer won’t see any .stl files. You need to create a g-Code File in Luban, Cura, SnapmakerJS or whatever Slicer you are using and store this in the root-directory of your USB stick.

You are right ofcourse and I feel down right stupid about that.Just didnot have my head on straight.
As for the printer it runs smootly now without hickups.
I have narrowed down the probleme to my laptop and I think its an app called “Timeshift” which causes the probleme.
Timeshift is the Linux mint version of system restore. The app takes a “snapshot” at any given moment and that is your restore point. If I understand it correctly.
So I think when it makes the “snapshot” somehow it stops SMJS or/and the printer. and because it does this at any given moment the printer stops at different moments in the print job.
I tested the printer on an other computer which has the same linux mint os except for the Timeshift app
I am still testing but the printer seems to run OK for now.
So In any case thank you for the help and the patience.

Hi Tracyi,

Attached is the code i have generated and used. Please check this and let me know for any flaws. :slight_smile:

TIA

wall bracket v9_new.gcode (1.34 MB)

1 Like