Print Error - Weird shape on top of print at around 3%

Hello there,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I’ve been having a problem through the last big prints.

When the printer is around the 3% of the print it starts printing a kind of V shaped line through the prints (see pictures attached). I’ve printed bigger things before, and they turned just okay, but the two last have turned bad.

Since this started, I’ve printed smaller things, and they turned okay and this problem has occurred with two different models. I’ve tried some things to try and debug this.

• Update printer from V1.17 to V1.19

• Generate Gcode of the first model with slightly smaller scale

• Generate Gcode of the first model with bigger scale

• Redownload .stl file of the model to check if it was corrupted.

• Try second model with the same problem

• Generate Gcode in a different OS with different Luban installation

The models are created by different people and downloaded at different times.
I can provide the Gcode of the latest print if it’s useful.

Thanks for all the help, and let me know if I can provide something more to fix this.

I’ve been able to replicate the same error with a smaller print. In this case I’ve let it finish to see what happens as it’s a smaller ammount of PLA.

Betweeen these two pieces I’ve printed another piece successfully

Please upload the corrupted gcode and stl you wanted to print.
I could not see where the V shape comes from your 1st post and don’t know what the 2nd picture is :wink:

On my v1, I got something like the first picture when I printed two parts in a row, and forgot to remove the first part before starting the second print.

When the problem happens, is the print head actually raising with each layer? I know there were some reports of v1 having defective Z axises that would droop.

Hi there, thanks, I’ll leave attached the gcode of the two models.

As the forum doesn’t let me upload attachments i’ll put a ilink to my google drive.
This is the first model.
Gcode: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15k6ATWO7d0lsgiiE1d5vYy3yK8MRt_Uf/view?usp=sharing

This is a the second model:
Gcode: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ERkML1umwRyyym5NkRBNJYTc_pgylVU/view?usp=sharing

I can’t provide the models because in the first one i was trying to print two models at once, and this wont let me put more than two links.

Hey @Jdiez, the V-shape of your 1st post is curious.- you gcode didn´t has it.
It could be a travel move which crawled on the bed because of an uneven bed,-
you should activate z-hop to see if it happens again.

One point to your g-codes: Less walls at tiny prints are better, to get less holes and more infill in the object.

Try just two shells.

Your cat doesn´t need a support i guess,- the overhang angle is less than 45degree so no need to support the head.

The second post in this thread should show the cat, i guess.- The problem is you are printing very tiny things which needs some cooldown between the layers.
Have a look at this topic:

Hope this helps a bit!

Hey!
Thanks for the tips, I’m currently trying to test 'the z-hop.

And for the other tips I’ll look into them, I’m very thankful for them, I’m currently learning to use a 3d printer, and testing different settings to optimize my prints.
I’ll look that topic

Hey @xchrisd
Thanks for the tips, but with Z-hop the error is till happening.

Maybe the problem is because of your two objects.
The sword is supported from the build plate, luban is in development, so this could be a bug.

Try another Slicer or print one object then the other, would help.

Hi!
Printing the sword alone this morning worked fine. Printing the legs alone failed. Also, I’ve tried another model, the upper part of the print and it Failed too. This one is printed without base, but with a lot of supports.

Is there any other slicer that you could recommend that works fine with snapmaker?

Hi there @xchrisd I’ve tried with ultimaker cura, as I’ve found it’s quite popular, and The problem persists… . thanks again for your help

There are many slicers, I am using cura (free) or simplify3d(cost).

Please upload your models or share a link to them.

It doesn´t look so to me but you could try the “avoid printed part” setting in Cura.

Falling Z-Axis is just after printing a problem, not while printing, i guess.
Which machine do you have?

Hi @xchrisd I’ve had a crazy week, sorry for the delay
The model i’ve been having failed prints lately is this one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3704735/makes

Also, I’ve tried Cura and the print still fails.

And answering the last question, I do hace the A250 machine.

One should be said, this will be pretty hard to print for a 3d-printing beginner, even for a 3d-printing enthusiast not a easy one.

I would try following support settings and arrangement in Luban:

Hey @Jdiez, if you want so, here is my gcode for A250:

Printspeed 40mm-s; RAFT; 0.12mm Layer; 200°C nozzle; 60°C bed

I have printed the model with 0.2mm layer very well but its a bit rought.
It was also in 0.08mm layer a bit rought so you have to sand or epoxy it anyway.

Be sure that your bed level is very well, there comes the V-shape from!

Hey! @xchrisd Thanks for the help provided!
It seems that the error wasn’t in the model or Luban, but in some of my Linear Modules as they were missing some kind of silicone pads. Snapmaker support help me in fixing this.