Nothing Coming Out When Printing

During the load filament phase, a small amount of filament comes out during/after, but when I start printing something, nothing comes out.

I’ve unloaded and reloaded, and each time I get extrusion during the setup, but nothing when I actually attempt a print.

I’m not a highly technical or experienced 3D Printer user, and chose the Snapmaker because of the supposed ease of use compared to other manufacturers, would prefer not to have to spend more time disassembling and hacking than actually printing, so hoping there is some troubleshooting or replacement option.

Could your nozzle be almost-but-not-quite-completely clogged? Try replacing the hotend (you should have received at least one extra along with the machine).

If that doesn’t help, check to see whether the teeth of the gear that feeds the filament have gotten clogged with plastic dust or debris from a chewed-up section of filament. You can also check whether the gear is turning properly, by opening the little door on the front of the print head and running a load cycle without actually loading anything.

I get a pretty significant amount of extrusion when I manually feed filament through the unit.

Opening the door to the filament feed, and clicking on load, I do NOT see the gear moving. There does not appear to be any blockage, material or anything else physically unusually looking about the gear itself, though. It simply does not move when I tap the load button on the touchscreen.

That sounds like you may have a busted print head. Get in touch with support@snapmaker.com . They’ll guide you in further troubleshooting and can arrange for a replacement print head if you need one.

Thanks. Dropping them an email now. Fingers crossed.

How long have you had the machine?

It arrived a three days ago on 5/24, and I assembled it 5/25 and have been trying to get it to work since then.

Ok yeah, I’m pretty positive the extruder is busted. As @ElloryJaye said, contact support for a replacement. They’re really quick on getting it out to you now. They didn’t used to be lol.

Is your nozzle too close to the bed? Try moving it up as the 1st layer is being printed.
If the filament is being blocked in this way, you can often hear a clicking sound coming from the printhead as the gear slips on the incoming filament.

Testing… raised the nozzle 0.05mm above the recommended height from the calibration instructions to provide additional clearance. No clicking resulted and filament is still not coming out of the nozzle.

I didn’t see your 2nd post, if the gear doesn’t move then that would explain it.

There is a locking cover where you put the filament in the 3d priter module. Put the filament inside and push the cover with a lot of force to slide the lock to the side.

Are you sure that the locking cover is secure?