Not liking the Laser settings in Luban

Well before the big Luban update i loved to work with the software to use B&W, but also used a lot of Greyscale settings.
Now with the Editor and Proces tabs i just cant get the settings right.
You have to switch from the one to the other to see changes, settings are to hard to controle and to handle.
Greyscale pictures can’t be modifid easely in my opinion.

Are more people having these problems?

I work with an A350

Try Lightburn (search for the post on it) or just go back to the Luban version you liked.
If you’re not having problems with that version, there’s not really any reason to update. Very few of the changes have added anything worthwhile for me while making it buggier. (at least in my experience)
What version are you using?

-S

2 Likes

In our design, in “Edit” tab you position images and vectors, decide the look of the image;
In “Process” tab, you can adjust the power, density, line direction and other settings to bring the design into life.

Currently the laser settings are strongly bound to the mode (B&W, greyscale, etc) you choose in “Edit” tab, but I think the laser settings should be independent from the design. We’re working on refactoring the work process of the software. (and sorry for buggy versions recently, we will improve on that :face_with_raised_eyebrow: )

2 Likes

I’m going to check out Lightburn.
I think the SM team must improve there own software so it’s easy to use.
Overall all a lot of people use it as a hobby device and are do not have that lot of experience.
The biggest thing i run into is that when using greyscale it converts all wrong and adjustments are hard to make in the software.
The old version were not fast but they did the job well.
I do however like that the dimensions can be adjusted ( 2 version ago )
So that lenght and width can be adjusted and do not have to stay in ratio to each other.

1 Like

I’ve been having issues using “Run Boundary” from the touchscreen when using files I created in lightburn. Any suggestions?

There is a known issue, of boundary failing if relative movement is used. Maybe lightburn uses relative movements.

1 Like

I’m sorry, while you may think this is a great idea, this is actually a very, very BAD one. Putting extra layers between the user and what they’re trying to do is BAD DESIGN.

As I’m running Linux and don’t have a Windows install I can easily switch to, I’m seriously limited in what I can find, so as soon as I saw this change I was NOT happy.

Keep using the version you like. There isn’t any reason you can’t.
Just different bugs in new versions.
I actually have 3.8 and 3.10.2 installed on my mac. Assume you can do same in linux. For a couple things I use the older version.

-S