NO to Facebook, YES to Forum

So, I would just like to say I really like the snapmaker. I’ve made several dozens of prints since I received it. I’ve been happy with the forum here, even though it’s not super active. Lately, I’ve become concerned things are happening on the facebook, but not over here on the main site. I have 0 interest in joining facebook. It’s NOT going to happen. Please, please, PLEASE, make sure that any news that comes out ALSO gets posted in the official news section here on your actual forum.

Thanks!

31 Likes

+1 on saying NO to Facebook.

Not doing it.

And I’m also with you on getting news on this forum about Snapmaker 2.

I’m ready to spring for it now…but there doesn’t seem to be any news about when it will become available.

M.

1 Like

I totally agree. The forum is a much better place for discussion. Facebook is to too spread out. I talked about doing a Wiki page here linked to Facebook which would help bridge the two and perhaps bring some Facebook people to the forum. There seems to be a certain kind of people that just click better with Facebook and don’t want to take the time to learn the mechanics of the forum. I suggested a portal of some kind here in the Forum which creates a dynamic link to Facebook. Don’t know how hard that would be to do. This forum software (Discourse) is very flexible and expandable, maybe it already exists. The forum has been a LOT more active in the past and I think it will wake up more when the SnapMaker II Kickstarter is going.

SnapMaker absolutely needs to support both equally. @whimsycwd, @Rainie, @Jade, please take note.
I do understand that they have a lot on their proverbial plate.

5 Likes

+1 to have all snapmaker 2 news also posted here in the forum or in the dynamic bridge suggested by Tone

1 Like

I agree also. Facebook should NOT be the main communication method. All important news should come through Snamaker’s website and forum. If linking is possible that’s fine but the forum only users should not be left out of loop because they don’t want to use an external service.

1 Like

On Facebook you have to scroll through 20 postings a day about little problems that are already solved here in the forum for a long time.
But I think this is the problem of the picture and video focused society.
They don’t want to read anymore…

1 Like

I’ve got a Facebook account, but rarely use it - maybe a couple of times a year.
I definitely prefer specific forums.

Got my new A350 and it’s leaps beyond the v1. Awesome quality and lots of innovation went into this machine.
Worth twice what i paid for it easily.

Thanks!

Mike

3 Likes

Could not agree more here why have a forum if your going to use facebook, I do not have a facebook account so please return to your forum, looks like lots of questions not being answered here!

Rest assured from now on we will post all the latest news regarding our products and progress in the forum :slight_smile:

Big NO to Facebook…
Only thing i find crappy is that the Forum isn’t easy to find what you need.

1 Like

Too difficult and frustrating to create the account and wait to write on the forum it need to be faster and easier.

Also would be important to know who work at snapmaker on the forum. Like STAFF badge just on top of the account name

1 Like

It’s frustrating to see all the same problems for a hundret times.
This forum is so helpfull for nearly every problem ever occured with our beloved little machines.

I know facebook is a fast way to reach many people, but we have a wide knowledge base here!

@Rainie should point out the forum in some of her facebook posts. This will help to build up the same for the SM2.

PS: I hope I’ll get my parcel number for my A250 soon … #1609 :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve recently dropped FB for personal use, I’ll use it for my business…I’ll be using the forum for now.

5 Likes

Another No FB person. It’s really annoying that so many companies seem to want to use it for their primary way to communicate. Don’t use it anymore, not going to again.

2 Likes

I hate answering the same question over and over again.
Also in Facebook you can’t do propper searches…

1 Like

+1
FB great as a gallery for sharing results.
Forum is for troubleshooting and sharing wisdom.

-S

1 Like

No Facebook for me. If it isn’t here or on Discord, I will never see it.

1 Like

Discord shouldn’t be a thing either. Just the fact that it isn’t indexed by search engines should make it an anathema for product support or company news.

Seems to work for me:

https://www.ecosia.org/search?q=%5BSnapmaker%3A%20where%20creation%20happens%5D%20%5BProduct%20Feedback%5D%20NO%20to%20Facebook%2C%20YES%20to%20Forum